“Wonderful place...just bring your reservation number”

Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Sacramento, California
“Wonderful place...just bring your reservation number”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I think I saw this same comment from another reviewer, that it appears that their reservation system has issues. It did with us, and they didn't show our reservation as one being made for the day we arrived. However, I pulled up the rez number on my phone and bippity boppity boo, we were in. No worries! Our room was comfy, everything was clean, no problem there. In my haste the next morning, I forgot to check for my travel makeup bag, which I had hung up on the back of the bathroom door. I realized it when I got to my next destination. Yikes. I called them, I don't recall who I spoke with, but they checked and got back in touch and said they had found two. I confirmed which one was mine and they popped it in the mail for me! It should be arriving shortly. Terrific customer service as opposed to a very high end hotel my husband and I stayed in in San Diego who told us they hadn't found his Tommy Bahama shirt ($$$) in the room when we know it was accidentally left there. Thanks Windmill Inn, we would definitely stay there again!! Comfy room, comfy bed, clean bathroom and great customer service!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here before, thought it was nice. Saw it was #1 on T. A. list so stayed there only one night of two night visit. Hwy. traffic noise was the worst we have experienced, tv reception was very poor, there were tortilla chips on the floor beside the bed, the lights outside the breakfast area were out making it a dangerous walk to the room which some rooms could only reach from outdoors. When we mentioned the noise the check out person did not say sorry, just said we know maybe we should plant some a hedge back there. We would not stay there again. Stayed second night at B. Western.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Umpqua
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Expansive relaxation at an affordable price! Staff was helpful, professional and genuinely friendly.Close to food shopping & the freeway! Excited about the outdoor pool on a warm day! Enjoy rain or shine!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Santa Clarita
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here for 10 days and both the room and service were outstanding! Probably the best bed in a hotel I've ever stayed in! Great TV, fridge and microwave in room, overall condition and cleanliness was excellent! Staff was very friendly and helpful and I also was offered a long term stay discount!
Recommend very highly, I will be staying there again when in the area!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel was not full the night I was there however those of us that were there were all bunched in one area. The walls were so thin, I was awoke by the people next me having sex and the people above me walking around all night. I was also put in the room next to the outside door, hearing everybody coming in and out. The front desk also declined to inform me that they were putting me in a handicap room. Not a great experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stay exclusively at The Windmill, we can bring our Basset Hound, Thor and always get a family room, so our grandkids can stay with us. We love the staff (especially Cathi in the breakfast room, she is truly a treasure) from the front desk right to the housekeeping staff, and your prices are wonderful. Also, I clean for a living, so I really appreciate the cleanliness of the hotel. Thanks so much and we'll be back in June!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I know this is not 5 star but for similar places during our 2 week roadtrip, we found that The Windmill decor in the rooms and bathroom dated and pillows very hard. What I like least was the smell of air freshner pumped into the hallway. The pros - rooms were spacious and the front desk was 5 star friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#11 of 16 in Roseburg
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston

Been to Windmill Inn of Roseburg? Share your experiences!