“Very good”

Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very good hotel for our stop on the way towards LA.

Friendly staff, good service. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good and fresh. The rate we aid was very comparable for the standard of the hotel.

In the room the aircon was a bit noisy but was on the far side of the room so not too loud.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Windmill Inn of Roseburg

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great location, close to everything. Staff was welcoming - April even gave us dinner recommendations. Room size was ample with all the amenities. I swam in the pool which was not over chlorinated but well attended to. They even have a hot water spa and sauna indoors. Around the pool was a courtyard with couches, tables and chairs - much like someone's backyard. Queen bed overlooking the courtyard was comfy and room quiet even though hotel seemed full. Breakfast was good - Belgian waffles, hot and cold cereal, etc. Would highly recommend this hotel to all family and friends. There are more expensive hotels nearby that cannot compare to the Windmill.

Room Tip: All rooms facing the courtyard are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent hotel room pet friendly. Very clean sheets, towels etc. . Highly recommend. Breakfast was also good with a variety of food items. Large stores close by - can do some shopping as well. Large screen tv in the room.

Room Tip: Judging from the room that we stayed, every other room must be clean and excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Peach12345
WindmillInnGM, General Manager at Windmill Inn of Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Peach12345

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, and thank you for the positive review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

This morning I passed along your review to our housekeeping staff. They take great pride in making sure our rooms provide our guests with a pleasant experience and they were very happy to hear that this was the case with your stay.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at the Windmill as a one-night stopover on our way to the Oregon Coast. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable, the pool area was excellent, and we had no complaints. There is a restaurant next door if you don’t want to drive, which was passable but convenient. I can easily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This motel is very clean, very well maintained, and has obviously been recently renovated. Staff is friendly and professional. Rooms good sized and quite nice, large screen TV with a bunch of channels, fridge and microwave. Got a good nights sleep on the bed. Saved a few bucks by going through hotel.com but even at full price I think this is a pretty good deal. Includes a continental breakfast but I walked over to Elmers to get some eggs and sausage. Close to freeway and easy on/off but I didn't notice any road noise. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a very nice queen-bed room with private balcony overlooking the swimming pool. So great to be able to sit outside and write in the fresh air with no interference. Good breakfast and great staff. Had issues with the TV and someone came right away to resolve them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We value all the feedback we receive!

I'm sorry to hear that you had an issue with your TV, but I'm glad our staff was able to solve it quickly. It has been a beautiful summer here and I'm glad you were able to enjoy it on the balcony.

Thanks again for the review, and for staying at our hotel. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Windmill Inn for 2 nights (Aug 2013). The place was very clean and in a great location right off I-5. Even though it was close to the freeway, I didn't hear the freeway noise at all. Staff were friendly and helpful, . The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable. You also get free wifii in your room. I did not use the breakfast on either mornings of my stay so can't comment on that. The patio area out by the pool though was pleasant. My only 'complaint' was that whatever cleaners they are using for the room - it has quite a fragrance. If you are sensitive to smells as I am, it might be a bit of a bother. I just opened my window to air the room out all night (the windows have screens and it was a pleasant night) and it was fine after that. Since I wasn't very messy, I asked that my room not be cleaned on the second day so the room cleaner smell wasn't a bother on the 2nd day at all. There's plenty of grocery stores nearby and of course my prerequisite Starbucks not far away either. I would definitely recommend the Windmill Inn if you are in the area. I will stay there again on my next trip to Roseburg.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#12 of 16 in Roseburg
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston

Been to Windmill Inn of Roseburg? Share your experiences!