“Niced Place but slow”

Ranked #7 of 139 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Good food I had the blueberry pancakes but service seemed slow.

1  Thank Pumpman2

Reviewed November 30, 2009

Especially if you are looking for variety, good food, good service, and all at a reasonable price. Roseburg Elmer's, though a chain, is a good place to chow, or at least has been for us. The food has been consistantly good and the service has been also. It helps too that they offer coupons sometimes too, and that saves us some $$$. The other thing they do quite nicely is offer up organically grown items - salads in particular, and use local sources for some of their recipes. The food seems to be consistantly good, fresh, well presented, and served hot. Their clam chowder is good, Caesar salad tasty and the lettuce if fresh, and desserts are not huge, but not expensive either. The servers we have had there are always very professional and on top of everything. If you're passing through Roseburg, or maybe are somewhere in the Pacific Northwest and looking for a place freeway close, Elmer's is going to be a good and safe bet.

2  Thank buzzbike
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Because we were tired from driving all day, we decided to have dinner at Elmer's, next door to our motel, rather than going into downtown Roseburg. We didn't expect much, but were pleasantly surprised. We had the Ivar's chowder (from the famous Seattle restaurant) and were able to get delicious half sandwiches to go with them. Everything tasted very fresh and good, service was very good, and prices were quite reasonable.

Reviewed July 9, 2009

It was ok overall, The dinner was a little spendy for what you get, the breakfast was good and good priced for what you got.

Reviewed March 27, 2009

This has to be one of the worst restaurants I've ever eaten in. Upon moving to Roseburg, I visited Elmer's three times, which was three times more than I could bare. Never again. On all three occasions, the service was slow and the servers were rude and highly unprofessional. The food was just so-so until my third visit to this restaurant. I was there for breakfast and, believe it or not, my food arrived uncooked. Not simply undercooked; it was completely uncooked. I was flabbergasted, to say the least. When I brought this to the attention of the server, she too was startled. This was the one of only time in my entire life that this has happened to me. I will never return to this dump. I truly believe the only reason this sad excuse for a restaurant stays in business is due to the many travelers pulling off of I-5 for a bite to eat on there way to or from another destination.

1  Thank jojoRoseburgOR
elmers30, General Manager at Elmer's Restaurant - Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

Trip Advisor is all new to me so this is why it has taken me so long to reply. Please feel free to call me so that I can speak with you about my restaurant and the issues you had here. My number is 541-673-0021. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Oleita, General Manager