“I gave them another try, shame on me.”

Elmer's Restaurant - Roseburg
Ranked #4 of 138 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: Diner, American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Roseburg, Oregon
“I gave them another try, shame on me.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The service was ok until I asked for steak sauce, keeping in miond that there were 4 other people in the restaurant at the time and she promptly forgot the sauce. I wandered into the pantry area and got it myself. I wanted a nice steak ($15.99) and I got what could only be considered as a fairly low quality breakfast steak, this at 8 in the evening. Had a huge strip of gristle running through it, vegies that appeared to have been prepared way earlier in the day and a baked potatoe that had to have been cooked the day before and not wrapped, really chewey and dry. I tend not to send items back because I can't see what the cook is doing with to to them once I've complained, makes sense to me. I did tell the waitress though and she offered to get the manager for me, I declined. So, Elmers is a far cry from what it was when I first came to town almost ten years ago, sad, but there are other good places fairly close by, I'll go to them from now one. Perhaps you should too.

Visited May 2013

Palmer Lake, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was staying a hotel next to them and the hotel had a nice continental breakfast but I was meeting someone for business and wanted something a little more formal. This place was great. Staff, food, and even more important for my purposes they let me sit there for long after my meal was done to continue my meeting. They didn't harass, just let us be. It was very much appreciated!

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Basic Elmer's, nothing wrong with that”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Elmer's is a very good chain with family dining and is excellent for breakfast, average for lunch and dinner.

Visited March 2013
Vancouver BC
“Nice family place”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Elmer's is a small regional chain of family restaurants, and this one is (as I recall) within walking distance of the Windmill Inn. Friendly and helpful staff, and tasty food of the type that "family restaurant" implies.

Visited December 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
“Just confirmed the poor service, again.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Friday, almost 6PM, I stop by for a steak. I ask for a booth, she give me one over the soft chides of the quasi feminine waiter. I get water, look at the menu for all of one minute, put it down to patiently wait. I get totally ignored for 15 minutes! And the place was mostly empty. He is flitting off some where in the back, she walks by me at leasts 4 times, stands at the counter doing something with silverware or just standing there with menus for ariving customers who do not arrive. I walk out and no one says a word. I've had slow service there before but not this bad.
It's a shame because I like their food, always have. But I can't/won't tolerate being ignored for any reason and so I will not go back either. Go up I-5 one more exit and there is a great Applebee's across the freeway. Roseburg does not have a great restaurant, at least none that you would travel and distance to eat at. But ehre are some good ones/descent ones to hold you over. IF you do stop at Elmer's I hope your service is better then mine was. Oh, wait, I had no service.

• Visited February 2013