“Nice surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I travel at least 200 days a year for business and usually use Marriott. But in Roseburg, there were none available, so I gave this hotel a try.

Very nice! The architecture and decorating were charming. They had delicious hot soup at check in and cookies and milk in the evening. And a full hot breakfast in the morning, nice for Atkins diet people looking for protein to start the day.

I liked the Keurig coffeemaker in the room and ample mirrors, something lacking in the Marriott property from the night before. The lady at the desk directed me to a park behind the Fred Meyer store across the street, where I had a very nice trail run the next morning. From your room, you can walk to a strip mall right behind the hotel and spend a few hours shopping. They have a Ross, Pier One, JC Penneys, salons, restaurants, dollar store, and more.

I will definitely use this hotel if I ever find myself in this town again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear MTIndiana

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a lovely stay with us. Both at our hotel with the full breakfast meeting your diet needs, the new Keurigs in all the rooms to provide easy coffee access 24/7 in the comfort of your room, and our front desk being able to help you with shopping and a nice run. We are happy to hear you would stay with us again and that we were a nice surprise during your many travels from the usual at the Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write a view and we look forward to seeing you again.
541-672-1601

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Reviewed May 3, 2014

One of our favorite Best Western motels! Clean rooms, outdoor pool, BBQ you can use to cook your own hot dogs, burgers or steaks. Warm cookies every night at 8 PM and a full breakfast in the morning. Highly recommened this property!

Craig and Nora
BC

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Craig M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with us. We are so happy you were able to enjoy our BBQ as well as enjoy the pool. Cookies are always a wonderful little touch we are so happy to offer our guests in the evening. Thank you for being a loyal Best Western member and we can't wait for you to stay with us again.
Coos Bay, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I am extremely appreciative of the friendly staff at this hotel; when I checked in, it was rather late...I told the office staff that I would NOT smoke in their room, but I am a Medical Cannabis patient & wondered where I could medicate before going to bed. She was very kind, and said if I wanted to return to my car, which was parked right outside my room, & medicate, no one would bother me. It turned out to be the perfect solution. I will always stay at a BEST WESTERN, when given the choice. I have been a customer for a long time, and while we don't travel as often as we used to, we will continue to stay at Best Western. Jude Isaacson

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Jude I
Dear Jude I

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We love hearing good things about our staff and take pride in knowing we were able to help you with positive satisfying customer service. We are happy to hear that you are a loyal Best Western customer and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

One of our favourite motels on Interstate 5 on the way to California. They have warm cookies at 8 PM every night (back onsite) and a full complimentary breakfast. Right off Interstate 5. Clean rooms and great service. Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 997craigm
Dear 997Craigm

Thank you for such a positive review and highlighting some of the things we are most proud of here at our hotel. Our cookies and full breakfast make guests feel more at home away from home and little touches like these are things we hope keep you coming back to us again.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Puget Sound
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The only downside and I'm really being picky when I say this is, the room was a little small and there are no elevators to the 2nd floor. Other than that is was terrific. It is an easy on/off of the freeway. Plenty of outdoor seating and even tables. The room was clean, comfortable, attractive, quiet, and well equipped with about anything you would need. The WiFi signal was strong, and they even had real "glass" drinking glasses.

They offer complimentary soup around 5:00 and then fresh baked cookies later in the evening. After a great nights sleep I awoke to a very nice breakfast. It is truly a FULL breakfast and it was good.

The staff was exceptional. They were very helpful and brought up several money saving tips on local restaurants and activities such as the Wildlife Safari.

Not only will I recommend this place to family and friends I will make a point of stopping here the next time I travel through Roseburg.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear CompassNSEW

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the lack of an elevator on our property and the room size not being up to your expectations, but are quite pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable and the room was stocked with enough amenities to make up for it. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the breakfast, and appreciate all the little extras we have for each of our wonderful guests with soup, delightful cookies and of course real drinking glasses. Our staff strives to make everyone welcome and knowledgeable of all the things to do and go around Roseburg. We look forward to your next visit with us as well as that of your family and friends.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here after a long day on a recent road trip. Great value, clean rooms and a very personable check clerk. We will definitely stay again when passing through. The breakfast offering was a little better than most BW's we stayed at on this trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Clay K

We appreciate your feedback about your stay with us. We take pride in our clean rooms, friendly staff as well as the fabulous breakfast we serve in the morning. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review for us.
Atherton
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We overnighted in Roseburg after traveling from the San Francisco area on our way to Long Beach, Washington. I would not hesitate to stop here again - both for this Best Western and for Roseburg, a nice town. The breakfast room offers fresh choices and the entire facility is clean, welcoming. We slept well and rested, enjoyed a satisfying breakfast, drove on feeling confident we'd not hesitate to stop here again.

Room Tip: Where your preferred room is a personal choice; what room you get can also depend on when you check...