“Very nice motel in a beautiful town”

Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Jordan, Utah
“Very nice motel in a beautiful town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very nice room, comfortable beds, everything we needed. Breakfast was good, recommendations for dinner were great. Staff very helpful. Lovely grounds, especially with the leaves turning. Lots of room in the bathroom, vanity area. Plenty of space for two people to get ready without stepping on each other. Great shower - lots of hot water! We brought our dog and he enjoyed the walk in the leaves. Would be nice to have a dog bag stand for waste disposal but I always bring some bags with me to not leave a dog mess. Had come from Crater Lake - this was a place we could have stayed 2 days! Great place.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are convenient but get the headlights from those leaving early.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear emandrobert,

Thank you so much for your valuable time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Best Western Garden Villa Inn. We give the utmost attention to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest service possible.

Yes fall here is so pretty I love all the colors we get to enjoy. For the future we have dog disposal bags at the front desk I do apologize that we didn't offer you any when you checked in. There is also a gate at back of building that leads to pet co that has a disposal station there.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Medicine Hat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the B W Garden Villa one nightand found it truly great - helpful staff directed us to a great restaurant - a superb breakfast in the morning followed by fillling our coffee mugs for a great drive.

Room Tip: Ask and you willbe treated well!
Dear Jim B,

It's so wonderful to hear how well your stay was with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Would like to add that we will be adding hot, fresh cooked oatmeal to the breakfast bar along with raisins and brown sugar for toppings also will be having hot soup in the evenings for our valued guests that don't want to leave property after they are settled in for the night.

SoBay, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I would like to give this property a 3.5+ if I could, not because anything was BAD, but it didn't quite make it to the Very Good category, primarily because it is just a bit dated and rooms and baths are not spacious.

I prefer an upstairs room so no one is walking around above me, and especially in older motel-like accommodations like this one, that means climbing the stairs with luggage. To me, one of the great things about the Garden Villa Inn is that even if you have trouble navigating steps, the stairway here, just outside the breakfast room, is wide, with shallow, ample stair steps that aren't steep. It was extremely easy to go up and down, even carrying a suitcase. Sounds weird, but for me, that was a great positive about an older property, and made it seem gracious.

The Garden Villa Inn is DIRECTLY off of I-5, and actually IN a shopping center. I wasn't expecting that, and it was kind of strange. On the other hand, it is within its own enclave, with parking inside of the property, and I liked that, and parking directly below my room.

The room was not very big, and the bathroom a bit awkward, small but serviceable. It was scrupulously clean, as was the room.

The front desk and housekeeping staff members were very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was quintessential serve yourself buffet with waffle machine and lots of other choices. The breakfast room was spacious and bright, with a staff member keeping things well-stocked and tidy.

It was a nice Best Western, well maintained and comfortable. I might return because of the staff (and the stairs!)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NYCbacktoLAhooray
Dear NYCbacktoLAhoor...,

Thank you for giving such great detail on the things that you noticed about our property. I'm am so pleased that we were able to suit all your needs from your room location to the breakfast. We do pride our self on customer service and having a clean hotel. We will be adding to our breakfast bar this week and adding hot soup in the evening for the guests that don't want to leave the property after they are all settled.

Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Port Orchard
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The place was very nice, our room was on the second floor very near the stairs so we could zip out to walk dogs with ease. It would have been nice if the desk clerk had mentioned the gate that lead out to the adjoining parking lot where there was more grass to walk the dogs on and a Petco store to shop at. Since I was sharing with a friend having the sink and mirror outside the bathroom where I could wash and put on makeup.

Room Tip: Great breakfast :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Donna H,

Thank you so much for brining to our attention that we have not been telling our valued guests about the gate that leads to other side of the building. We have now corrected that are making every effort to let the guests know.

Roslyn, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a recent business trip. It was a group trip, so I was basically told "this is where you have to stay." When I googled the property and made my reservation I was not super impressed with the looks of the place. Even pulling up in the parking lot I expected it to be fairly run down inside as it just appears to be an old, worn looking motor court from the 70's. But to my pleasant surprise this hotel was really very well kept up, especially for being such an old facility. The room was extremely clean, though quite small. The staff were all very polite and the breakfast room and food were completely adequate. My only big negative would be the ventilation in the rooms is quite poor, the rooms are only equiped with small window A/C units. The air in the room constantly felt muggy and damp. I think this hotel is fine for an over night stay, but for a multi-day trip I would think there are likely better options out there. Also, parking is very limited and tight. Once I parked my big truck for the evening I did not move it, for fear that I would not be able to find or fit in another spot!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SJ1980
Dear SJ1980,

Thank you for noticing all the renovations we have been doing to the hotel we have manyplans for the future as well.

Friday Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Garden Villa Inn. The room was clean and quiet and I enjoyed the breakfast. The young lady at the front desk was very nice and accomodating. The bathroom area was very small and that is the only reason for not giving a "5" for the rating.

Room Tip: I was in room 328 and it was very quiet -- no road noise and no noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Barbara W,

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Best Western. We strive to make the guest feel as comfortable as if they were at home and value all feedback. Its so nice when we get to read the great responses from the guests that we enjoy so much.

Coquille, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Very clean rooms. Parking is limited if you arrive later in the evening, but clerk was helpful figuring out a place close to the office. Great breakfast with lots of choices. The outside seating would be nice if the weather was good.

Dear Kayla,

I am so pleased to hear that you found our hotel as clean as we advertise it. Also great news that we were able to solve you parking problem. We would love to have you back soon.

Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge -  Sutherlin / Roseburg
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#11 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Best Western Garden Villa Inn? Share your experiences!