“Friendly staff, OK motel.”

Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Juneau, Alaska, United States
“Friendly staff, OK motel.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is an older motel. The room was small and the carpet was pretty dirty. On the other hand, the staff was very nice and the pool and spa were clean and well maintained. I thought the price was high for what you got.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Janice S,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you found the staff members to be nice. I am also pleased to hear that you found the maintenance and cleanliness of the pool to be satisfactory. I apologize that the condition of your carpet was not adequate, thank you for bringing this information to our attention so we could address this issue. We have shampooed all of the carpets since your stay, and we have decided to change our shampooing schedule to ensure this does not happen in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Roseburg area.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked this one on Hotwire, so I didn't know what I was booking other than it was rated above average on Hotwire. As a motel goes, I thought it was fine. The internet didn't work very well was really my only complaint. I simply thought in retrospect I probably could have found a better deal. I'm familiar with this place, but had never stayed. It's been there 35 years that I know of, so it's an older place, the rooms were kept up well and staff was very nice and helpful. I'm just saying for what I paid, it didn't really stand out vs. other places available and check around before you book here. As a middle of the road hotel, it was just fine.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the wi-fi, ask which rooms have the best reception. 359 was NOT one of them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Aok98,

I apologize that you were not able to connect to our Wi-Fi. It is comments like this that let us know areas that we can strive to improve.

I am pleased to hear that you did find our hotel to be kept us well and our staff to be nice and helpful. I will be sure to share your feedback with the proper departments to ensure a quality experience for our guests in the future.

Hood River, Oregon, Usa
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good value for the price. Hot breakfast, very clean room and slept well on the firm mattress. Friendly lobby staff who greeted a very tired traveller. This property conveniently located if you have business in Roseburg; would not recommend staying more than 1-2 nights, though. LD

Room Tip: Rooms on south end are nice and quiet, with more privacy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Lyndadocs,

I am pleased to hear that you found the accommodations we provided to be a good value. I will be sure to share your detailed feedback with each of our staff members.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not the best, BestWestern we have been to. Sheets have been laundered one too many times. Room wasvery clean, but noisey, thin walls, but great internet and a marginal breakfast. Been here 2 different times, will not be back.

• Stayed June 2012
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear BernoSpencer,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback about your stays at our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found the room to be clean and the internet service to be satisfactory. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations overall. Please know that we will review each of the issues you mentioned and make improvements where possible. If you would like to share any additional details or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 541-672-1601 or at bwroseburg@gmail.com

Thank you again for taking your time to share your feedback.

Chemainus, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

There was nothing exceptional about this hotel but it was comfortable,clean and provided a perfectly acceptable breakfast to start the day. This is a hotel that is good for a one night stop over but would not recommend for a long term stay. Staff were acceptable but did not go out of their way to make the stay above and beyond.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BWGardenVillaInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Bevgeko1325,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay.

I am pleased that you found the service and accommodations to be acceptable for your one night stop. We are always seeking to improve the experience for each of our guests. If you would like to share any additional suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel by telephone or at bwroseburg@gmail.com

We hope we will be able to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed May 19, 2013

There's a lot to love here, if you are getting tired and need to stop before/after the mountain passes, or you are planning a week of fishing/rafting/eating Umpqua Ice Cream. The hot breakfast kept me going until dinner with lots of protein, good coffee and hot alternatives to sugar and carbs. The rooms are very clean, there is an Internet station in the lobby (I didn't have my computer with me) and there is WiFi in the rooms. Comfy chairs and adequate bed. Staff is professional and helpful. Tea and coffee in room (not just coffee), hair dryers. With the coupon we found in one of the I-5 kiosks, very affordable. So I liked it quite a lot and will (if I can find another coupon) definitely stay again.

Maddening and very stupid omission: no bathrooms in the lobby. My options were over the hills and through the plains to another building, or go back to my room after I had checked out. Come on, guys. Another annoyance was the HVAC which took forever to cool the place down. Give yourself several hours before you have to try to sleep.....

Room Tip: NO elevators that I saw so seniors - stay on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Victoria L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed the in room features amenities.

I apologize for the inconvenient location of the lobby restroom. As you stated there is not a way for guests to access it though our lobby. Our guests do have to walk around the breakfast room outside or return to their rooms. I also apologize for the frustration you incurred with the HVAC unit. We have started a system for pre-cooling the rooms. While we are still fine tuning the process to adequately solve this problem we have noticed a large improvement from our guest feedback and we hope to keep improving.

Delta, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here en route from California to Vancouver BC and were very pleasantly surprised at the excellent room quality and value received at this property. The room was spotlessly clean. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was included .... Sausage and scrambled eggs, with yogurts and toast, bagels, etc......to choose from. Lots of friendly patrons - obviously also happy guests! Can't fault this place! We would stay there again, and would highly recommend it....and we are about the fussiest travellers around! Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: If all rooms were of the same calibre of ours (315), then any room is a good one. I liked being on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Justjennifernow,

Thank you for taking your time to share the details about your stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the room to be spotlessly clean. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our housekeeping staff. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast selection.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#11 of 16 in Roseburg
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge

Been to Best Western Garden Villa Inn? Share your experiences!