“awesome hotel”

Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went on a road trip up to California last week and my friends and I decided to stay here for one of the nights. It was awesome! The staff was really friendly, check in and check out was super easy, and it was really clean. The best part of the hotel was definitely the breakfast, not only was it delicious but saved us money from going to a restaurant in the morning! All in all, great experience and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Taran S
BWGardenVillaInn, General Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write review on TripAdvisor about our Roseburg property. We appreciate your positive feedback about our staff and your stay!

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. We are also pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I want to thank Sara for always being kind and courteous. The last thing i do at the end of my work day is check into my hotel. I know seeing people at the end of their days might not always be the most pleasant experience for the staff. Sara is always wearing a smile and very easy to interact with.

I also like that she remembers me and always has everything ready for me. She makes this part of my day very easy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Sara will be recognized for the hospitality shown to you during your stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were on our way home from Canby Oregon, stopped in for a room. Sara was very nice and quite helpful. Not knowing the area we asked about restaurants, for it was late and many were closed, Sara provided two good recommendations and directions. The bed was good but not as good as the one in Wilsonville, Oregon. The breakfast was hot and full.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write review on TripAdvisor about our Roseburg property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Our team members, especially Sara, will be recognized for their hospitality during your stay.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I travel from Washington state to California every summer. We started staying at the best western garden villa for the past 3 years. We have family friends who live in roseburg, so we started staying the night at the bw during our trip. We have to admit, every year they have lived up to our standards and Beyond! After check in we had a courtesy call from the front desk to make sure everything in our room was good and we were asked that if we needed any recommendations for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank 4567jen

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. By giving us feedback on the courtesy call system, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Our team members will be recognized for their hospitality during your stay.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I visit the VA hospital a few times a year in Roseburg and love to stay at the Garden Villa Inn. We get the spa suite and really live it up. Nice places to eat dinner close by. The breakfast in the morning is tops. They have everything you want and then some. The young ladies on the front desk are very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Unfortuneately we forgot that we had stayed here 5 years ago. But we had already paid $130 for a $75 room. Room and motel are badly in need of updating and are not up to Best Western standards. Probably the worst BW that we have stayed at! The soda machine was outside our door and was very noisy until late at night. We complained about noise in the morning and only response was noise was not their fault. Only good thing was it's convenient to freeway.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank farleysmom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Compared to all the other Best Western hotels I have stayed at, this is a very poorly managed hotel. If I had not had reservations and I could still cancel my room for the night, I would have. First they would not honor discount coupons because I already had a reservation. (Other Best Western hotels did and we saved up to $30/night.) This hotel would refund us less than $10. How do they expect to get repeat business? The name of Garden Villa is misleading. The hotel is located right next to the highway in a mall shopping center. The pool area is a very small fenced in area right near I-5. It is not a peaceful location and you will hear the highway on the property and in the room. The room was smaller than other Best Western Hotels, still it was well maintained. There is one round table and chairs outside the front entrance/breakfast room. Breakfast was OK and they had real flatware, not plastic. They have signs on the tables letting you know that they do not want you to take breakfast out of the area. So you cannot sit in the chairs provided outside your room or the one round table outside the front entrance/breakfast room. The chairs along the narrow walkway outside the rooms were set up for smokers with tables and ask trays. As a non smoker I would have been annoyed if a neighbor had decided to sit outside and smoke two feet from my front door. At break the help sat at the table next to the entrance smoking away. There was no way to avoid their smoke when entering the building. The front desk staff recommended a Chinese restaurant to us. I would not go out of your way to go there as we did. It was about 3 miles away, an exit on the highway south. The prices were reasonable and the quantities large, but the service was poor and the food was average. Our waitress was miserable and I had to get up to ask for things. For all the reasons above, I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at another location if you like Best western or another hotel in town or travel ten minutes fur...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#11 of 16 in Roseburg
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge

Been to Best Western Garden Villa Inn? Share your experiences!