“Great Italian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted at the door by Lisa. A beautiful lady with an infectious smile.
My date had the ravioli with short ribs and I had the fabulous pasta bolognese. Great food and service. Reasonable prices and also nice wine list that is truly a diners dream come true. Wines that are fabulous and not priced out of the hemisphere. I will tell readers if I lived in Roseburg "Dino's",
Would get my business daily. Thank you Lisa for the incredible experience.

3  Thank laddiebuck
There are newer reviews for Dino's Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Always a unique dining experience.....always fun. Food is excellent. It is the only fine dining you will find in Roseburg now that Blackbird has closed. If you must dine in Roseburg, this is the place.

1  Thank luckymee_10
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We've been stopping in Roseburg over the last couple of years as it is half way between home and our son in Washington. This restaurant has been in my sights for a while and I decided tonight was the night. I looked up the web site and it says they are closed on Mondays. Disappointed, I chose a pub down the street and when we got there it was closed. I spotted Dino's with cars out front and the open sign out so we ended up here anyway! When I mentioned their web site to Dino, he stated that they have been open on Mondays for the last couple of years.

They had ribeye steak and spaghetti with marinara sauce as the two specials of the day. I asked about lamb and apparently they will have fresh local lamb in the near future as Dino just bought some on the hoof.

They were on the tail end of a rush so even by their standards they were slow to serve. We did get water and crusty sourdough bread right away after the table was set and we ordered not long after, I ordered a bottle of Chianti Classico Petroio for both my wife and I. She had spaghetti with marinara sauce and I had veal scallopini. We both had a salad with homemade ranch dressing. We got the salads fairly quickly and they were very good. My wife is allergic to red onions and they were careful not to contaminate her salad when it was made.

The wine came along a little later and then the wait for the main dishes. My wife's spaghetti had a sweet marinara sauce that I liked, but she thought it was too sweet. My veal came with candied carrots and some kind of rice? on sun dried tomatoes. I'm pretty much a white rice eater so I couldn;t say for sure what that was, but I do know it was very good.

She had Umqua spumoni ice cream for dessert and I had a pineapple ricotta torte. Again both were tasty. We each received a free small glass of lemoncello for our patience as a final treat.

The service was friendly and the food was great. This place will be in our future visits.

3  Thank Chowhound59
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just got back from a week in Roseburg. We found Dino's our first night and went back several times. The food is excellent…. You must try Debbie's hand made ravioli! The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The service is wonderful and very knowledgable. Wine selection is most enjoyable. You can expect Dino and Debbie to visit your table during the meal to make sure you are enjoying your evening. Don't be surprised if Dino sits down at your table with 2 or 3 partial bottles of wine at the end of the evening. Fun it was! You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank David C
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Drove from Texas to Roseburg and was delighted to stumble onto Dinos. The food was spectacular and the staff even more incredible. Lisa took care of all our needs and made great suggestions. Dino came by at end of our meal and we stayed another hour visiting. Our group came in as tourist and left feeling like long time friends.

3  Thank Mike B