“Best Local Italian Restaurant; Enjoyable Experience”

Dino's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #6 of 138 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Roseburg, Oregon
“Best Local Italian Restaurant; Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a very enjoyable dinner at this family run Italian restaurant. The food was fresh and had very good flavors. It was real Italian food, which was very good. The service when we were there was very attentive and helpful. They have an excellent and extensive wine selection, including local Oregon wines. Plan to stay a while and enjoy your meal. The décor seemed a little odd to us, but that did not detract from the excellent service and very good food. An excellent experience.

Dino’s is by far the best Italian restaurant in the local area. Dino’s is among the best three restaurants in the Roseburg area.

McMinnville, Oregon
“I would give Dino's 6 stars if they would let me!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

What a great experience for 2 tired travelers on the road. A great home cooked meal, a family welcoming experience, a great wine wall featuring italian and West Coast wines, reasonable prices and friends made at other tables. I wish it were closer to home but we will be back!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Larry S
San Francisco, California
“Good local italian eatery”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find an extensive wine shop within this restaurant, more so, to find the restaurant had been there for 15 years. There are many italian wine varietals to chose from, as well as some local, and Californians. The food was very good. My husband had a special smoked salmon ravioli in a creamy dill sauce (too rich for me-he loved it) and the kitchen made me a marinara pasta specific to my request with chicken and artichokes (it was a slow night, only one other couple was dining there). We both enjoyed our dinners, especially with the accompaniment of a nice chianti. It's unfortunate that the economy has hit this area hard. I hope their downtown can make it. The restaurant seems to be a multi-generation run business, run with alot of heart, so hopefully, locals can keep this restaurant afloat.

2 Thank YvonneP683
So. OR
“Take the time to enjoy a Great Meal!!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Upon three local wineries recommendations, my wife and I decided to try out this little gem. We had heard the service is sometimes slow, so we were not in any rush. We walked in, were seated promptly and our waitstaff pointed out a large table (of 14) had just been seated so we might want to order soon. We made our appetizer and entree selections quickly from a short but varied list and then asked for winelist. They sent over Dino the owner and he asked what I was interested in. When I told him a Dolcetto or Tempranillo would be nice he took me over to the wall of wine. He had a local temp and a couple spanish ones. He also had 5 or so great Italian Dolcettos to choose from. He also pointed out several chiantis I might be interested in. (Wine prices are much cheaper than you might expect from restaurant!)
After making my selection I sat back down to our antipasti being delivered. Great choices of meat, cheese, olives, fruits, & tomatoes. Our entree was there just as we finished. Gnocchi Gorgonzola for me Veal Scaloppine for her. Mine was just right. Hers was very tender but medium instead of Med/rare. Seasoning was just right.
The staff was very friendly. Checked on us frequently despite a ten & 14 top. Dino came over after we finished and asked us about our evening & meal. He shared a few stories from his travels too.
My wife and I are very happy we went. In the end, a simple meal turned into a two hour experience of food, wine and conversation. It felt like we had gone to family's for dinner without the bickering... What more can you ask of an Italian "ristorante"???
Just make sure you're not in a rush - take the time to enjoy everything!!!!!

3 Thank P S
Roseburg, Oregon
“So sad, but no excuse”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We ate there on prom night... we beat the crowd there was only one large table that was being served as we walk in, and two small tables with only 2 people sitting at them. . Our dinner took an hour and half. The owner apologized and stated the kitchen was very small...(if your going to run a restaurant the size of the kitchen should be one of the high priorities). We could see the little Italian women cooking, I think there was three of them must of been in there late 70's- 80's which is so sweet, but if your going to run a restaurant your going to have to have staff that can keep up with the pace. I hope this place considers hiring some help in the kitchen with the extra's. Also, it would of been nice if the owner had gave a helping hand... We were not the only disappointing customers that night.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank myreviewcounts
peteyOregon, Owner at Dino's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Please accept our appoligies for your dissapointment on prom night. We would also like to thank you for your comments and suggestions. Dino and I discussed the issues we had that evening and what we can do differently in the future to ensure that our customers receive the exellent service they expect and deserve. In addition we have hired two new employees to our staff. Thank you also for your kind comments last year and the suggestion to expand the menu. I am currently working on a new menu and have been getting a little more creative with our daily specials. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon, Sincerely Debbie DeNino

Been to Dino's Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!