“Upscale Denny's But With a Bar”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #72 of 139 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I like it that Applebee's has decided to include the calorie count on their dishes, and their food is okay, just not great. At least it's usually pretty consistent from one town to another, so no surprises...it's a chain, after all.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I work near the Applebees in Roseburg. When I don't bring a lunch, I try to eat a salad from Applebees instead of opting for a burger at one of the fast food resturants also near by. I use the Car Side Service. I call in my order and walk to the restaurant to pick-up my order. The order is usuallly ready within 10 minutes. I used the service yesterday and ordered the Oriental Chicken salad. I walked in, was met with a friendly greeting by the manager and was out the door in three minutes flat! The salad is always fresh, made to order, and with a serving portion of two meals. I can always count on the consistenly good food of this restaurant.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food wise Applebee's is pretty much Applebee's wherever you go and sometimes that's exactly what you want: what you expect. We've eaten at this Applebees 3 times since moving here. The food was what I expected but each time the service was awful, reaching a pinnacle of bad serve with our last visit. We arrived at the tail end of lunch hour, it was busy but not excessively so, we were seated immediately and placed our order, including an appetizer. And we waited and waited and waited somemore. Eventually our food, our main course without the appetizer, was brought out and an apology for it's lateness was offered. We pointed out that we hadn't received our appetizer and no longer had time to wait for it or eat it. Again an apology was offered and our waiter did offer to comp a dessert. We reminded him that we were now pressed for time so thanks but no thanks. We began to eat, remarked to one another that our meal was actually no longer hot but pressed on only for my husband to find a chunk of plastic, hard plastic with rough jagged edges, in his salad. Accidents will happen but seriously, this was the last straw. We quietly got up and excused ourselves to the hostess, handing her the plastic, of course they fell all over themselves comping our meal - which we did not eat more than a few bites of anyway - but we will not be returning. Comping our meal was a well meaning gesture but they, the waiter and the manager, actually said as we left that they hoped this experience wouldn't keep us away. The plastic chunk was on top of the already very poor service! I am not sure if they'd offered a gift card, which is really what they should have done, for our next meal that we would have ever returned. Three strikes and you're out.

1  Thank TripleAParents
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ended up here after traveling all day on the way to Washington state. It was Valentines day and we were starving. We were seated very quickly despite the initial quote of 30 minute wait. We had a great server who was so busy and yet quickly and correctly served us our drinks, kept them filled, and a great meal. The manager was on hand as well making sure that all the guests had everything they needed. The food was good. Nothing spectacular, but such a relief from all the junk one tends to eat on a road trip.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Since we live in the area we have eaten at this Applebee's several times. The food is always good and arrives at the table the way I ordered it. With the service though, it is hit and miss if you get a good server. Tonight, the server was friendly but forgetful. Service has never been strong or consistent with this restaurant.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!