“Rough start but worth it...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mariachi Loco
Ranked #23 of 137 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Roseburg, Oregon
“Rough start but worth it...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We've been here 3 times now. The first time we were there didn't warrant a second visit but we tried anyway. Glad we did. The first visit had horrible service. We were there over 2 hours waiting and waiting. It took forever to get menus. It took forever to order. We seemed to be bothering them. I had the carne asada and it was very bland. Very disappointing. My wife had good food though so we went back. The last 2 times I had their shredded beef burrito. It was delicious and very flavorful. The service has been good. Fast and friendly. I'm really glad we gave it another chance. My wife loves their margaritas. The atmosphere is nice too. I'd highly suggest you visit. Top 1 or 2 places for Mexican food in Roseburg for sure.

ROSEBURG
“Salsa Wow!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We would eat here just for the delicious Fire Roasted Salsa. In most Mexican restaurants, I dip the very corner of my chip in the salsa, shake it off, and then eat the chip. At Mariachi Loco, bring me a spoon and three more bowls, please! My husband, who likes spicy salsa, also loves the salsa here.

Our burrito relleno was nice and the service was very good.

We've eaten here about a dozen times and will continue, as long as the salsa stays fantastico.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Twice I've eaten here while stopped during travel to California. The first time I wandered in purely by chance after walking to stretch my legs in the downtown. This is not an attractive place from the outside - but the food was truly surprising. I did not expect much - I find most Mexican restaurants okay - very few stand out. The food here was very special - very good. I put my fork down after a few bites and said to my son - Wow. The 2nd time I ate here was 3 months later, again while driving to California. Again I was surprised at how good the food was. I figure once might be chance but twice like that - their cook has talent - really.

5 Thank Helge B
Roseburg, Oregon
“Best Mexican food in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very authentic, family owned and run. On Fridays they make fresh tortillas in the dining room. Yummy. The daily special is always resonably priced. Best Mexican food I've had since I left Southern California.

Visited October 2012