Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
One of the two best wineries in the Umpqua valley and beyond.

We are still trying to get into all the Umpqua Valley vineyards and are almost there as we happened... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ralph B
Umpqua Wine Tasting

A variety of excellent wines from the Umpqua Valley and beyond. The atmosphere is relaxed and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
FunTripper007
via mobile

All reviews pinot noir great wine the owner umpqua valley wine making wine tasting wine industry down to earth making great his wife tasting experience tasting fee beautiful setting dyson susan winemaker grapes
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great wine, tasting room a bit dusty and old but the wine in FANTASTIC! They really need to update

Date of experience: July 2011
3  Thank N J
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Gorgeous surroundings, nice tasting room, well-priced wines should you decide to take a few bottles home (and why not?). Lots of open space for a nice stroll, or even a picnic.

1  Thank SusanneRobertson
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We did a small wine tasting tour and the owners were very friendly and informative. They even let us go in the back where they press the grapes and keg the wine. This was some of my favorite wine that we brough home with us. They only sell their wine on site so if you want it get it while you are there.

Date of experience: October 2011
3  Thank karenlrite
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Diane was wonderful...and so were the wines! I don't usually enjoy red wines that much but all of theirs were outstanding! We brought our own picnic lunch and at upstair on the deck with a glass of their wine. Thanks Diane!

Date of experience: October 2011
4  Thank BandonBeachlover
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I had lived in Roseburg, OR for a few years and during the first couple of months, we made a short trip to Hillcrest Vineyards. We had been to most of the others in the area already. I will never forget this truly magical experience. It was in 2004 and the DeMara family had just recently purchased the property. Dyson chuckled at me and commented that I must not be from the area. I asked why and he looked down and said, "Oregonians dont wear sneakers", I immediately felt comfortable. Dyson and Susan are both wonderful people. Then we started tasting. Reisling, Chardonnay, Cabernet, and the list goes on and on. I do believe I had his first Pinot Noir, then came my alltime favorite. Della Terra "15" 2003! Unbelievable and this is the reason I say it was a magical experience. They turned me into a wine lover. They are both so knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. When you become a regular, like I was, you almost feel like family. They truly are deserving of all the success they have aquired. I have now been to over 250 wineries nationwide and when people ask me which one is my favorite, I smile, because Hillcrest is what my pallet tastes! Simply the best!!! Thanks to you both for all of the wonderful memories. Wine DOES taste like a place!

Date of experience: September 2010