“Hidden gem!”

Riversdale Valley Farm
Ranked #8 of 41 things to do in Roseburg
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was on a business trip in Roseburg and wanted to do something fun and off the beaten path while here. I searched tripadvisor and found Riversdale Valley Farm and decided to go. I called the proprietor and he gave me great directions and was very friendly. It was super easy to find with his directions and a beautiful drive from downtown Roseburg.

WOW. I felt like I had stepped back in time. Jon has a beautiful property set back behind a vineyard, full to the brim with antiques he has personally collected over the years. He has collections of vintage signs, oil cans, exotic taxidermy, agricultural tools, and so much more. More impressively, he knows the story behind every single item (thousands of them) and is a walking history book. He took the time to show me around the barn as well as several other buildings he's decorated and filled with his treasures. He and his wife have really created a magical experience, and I cannot say enough times how much I enjoyed myself. His stories were my favorite part, and I would love to bring my family back with me to experience it all. If you're looking for antiques for your home, vintage decor, or just a little slice of history, this is the stop for you. Collectors will love it, and history buffs will appreciate it. I am neither and I was in heaven the whole time :). If you like interesting stories, vintage or antique things, memories of decades past, or are just looking for something adventurous and different to do, check it out. Also, meeting Jon was a genuine privilege, and I hope to meet him again!

Call him before you go--it's his personal collection so he may be out of town or away. I lucked out and he was there when I called! You'll be really glad you stopped by!

2  Thank Taylor E

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Way cool place run and owned by a retired Ag. teacher who makes yearly trips back to his childhood state (Kansas I think) to bring collectables and antiques for us junk junkies to drool over. I bought a fire hydrant for my yard. Lots of rust and chipping paint colors. I couldn't resist it along with a few other old buckets and coolers. My husband bought some old tractor seat to make stools out of. I also bought an old tow truck toy for my husband. My girl friend and I spend a couple hours here and then brought our husbands back the following week. You have to make an appointment to go but you won't be disappointed. The owner John is full of stories and has he own collections of tractor seats, chicken feeders, coolers, oil cans and more to share with you.