“Good Choice For Those On A Budget” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Roseburg

Motel 6 Roseburg
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Oregon
“Good Choice For Those On A Budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Ordinarily I avoid Motel 6 because I prefer interior corridor room entrances. Luckily this one is in that style. They were in the process of repainting the hallways so things were in a bit of a disarray when I got there, but by the second night that was done. Rooms are a bit tight, but I was just there for the bed not a resort atmosphere. I agree with another review, the angled bathroom entry is a bit odd but functional.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Monmouth, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were very happy with our stay here, as far as the motel was concerned. It wasn't their fault that my 3 & 5 y.o. didn't have any interest in going to sleep! Room was clean and comfortable--just what I would expect from a no-frills motel.

The one thing that threw me every time is that the inside of the bathroom is oriented 45 degrees off from the main room, so it felt really odd every time I walked out. I'm sure it's some sort of space-saving measure. Not a problem really, just weird.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Gave this 4 star, not based on all hotels, but based on economy motels. It's a Motel 6 folks. It's 60 bucks. You won't have a mini fridge, an ironing board, or a cute little coffee pot with little packages of single serve coffee. In fact you won't even have a hair dryer or complimentary toiletries.
What you will have is a bed you can get a few hours of sleep in for a night when you are your way to anywhere else. The bed is on the firm side but not uncomfortable unless you need a pillow top, in which case, good luck looking in the economy hotel bracket. You will have a shower that is nice sized with an adequate shower head and plenty of warm water. You will find friendly desk clerks that keep hot coffee in the lobby. And for 60 bucks it was just what we needed on our way to Cali.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Searndipity
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

The reason I give a Motel 6 FOUR STARS is this place has interior corridors and the room floorplan is just great. See my pictures. When unloading your car/luggage and unpacking, the closet is away from the entry to your room so two/or more people will not be stumbling over each other. The corner bathroom gives more space when moving around the room, has some large counter space. The bathtub does not have the bowed-out shower curtain rod, instead it is triangular to give elbow room when bathing. The towels were not especially plush but they do get you dry. Everything was clean and everything worked-- TV, free WiFi, all lighting. The bed was not a pillow-top but it was not hard as a rock, either. The laminated trim for headboards and around the desk/mirror is classy with a light toned woodgrain and faux marble combo. No fridge or microwave; however this hotel has a Shari's Restaurant in the parking lot. There is a nice portico out front for unloading/loading if its raining. Elevator was fast, large. Ice machine, drink and snack vending machines on every floor. Free coffee in lobby, no breakfast. Front desk check-in and check-out was a breeze, no quibbles and the staff were friendly! (we did not have reservations) The interior corridors were quiet, other clients were very respectful. We just had a great night's sleep while on a fast trip to see an ill and aged family member; safe and secure parking, easy freeway access, very reasonable price. On my travels for business and personal time, I have stayed at all levels of accomodations and it always works out that the supposedly lower-end hotel/motels have the free WiFi and the supposedly nicer places charge for WiFi. Doesn't make sense to me! Again, I give this place 4 stars because of interior corridors, great room layout, the portico for loading if its raining-- something very likely in Oregon! Happy trails, and ya'll drive safe--arrive alive.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back might be quieter. Our room was towards back and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Brenda G
Bandon, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went with the positive reviews when I decided to book this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. The service was as good as what I've received at some very upscale and expensive lodgings. The room was basic, but very clean, including the carpet; the bed was comfortable and all the lamps worked. At this price there is no coffee service in the room, but it was always available in the lobby. Also, take you own shampoo and hair dryer...hey, it's not the Hilton! I will definitely stay here again, it's a real bargain.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Pearl
Wauconda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This an OK location, I have stayed at better locations. I was not impressed. Probably would not stay again at this location. This location did have a pet area. Internet was ok. Good parking. No shampoo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MeBeTraveling
Burbank, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have stayed at many many Motel 6's. We travel to dog shows often and this is usually the hotel that we stay at while traveling to and from shows. We ended up here on a road trip to Washington after a long day's drive on Valentine's day no less! We checked in easily and were extremely pleased. The hallways had newly laid beautiful carpet. The room was fresh and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious. And this hotel had a fenced in large dog run with tons of grass for great potty areas as well as exercise for dogs that have been couped up in the car for days. The rooms were very well sound insulated as well. We only knew this because we happened to walk up the hall where several rooms were packed with 3-4 teenagers each on a sports team trip. When we were in our room we heard not a peep. the only reason I can't give an excellent is because of the ridiculously sized "bath towels" that are standard at all Motel 6's. They are the size of anyone else's hand towels. But if we are in the area we will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business