“very very nice quality inn”

Quality Inn Central
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an exceptionally nice Quality Inn, all spiffy white outside paint and renovated rooms. Excellent mattress, room squeaky clean, high quality sheets (yes, really) and furniture that appears new. Pool neat and tidy and inviting. This is one of those motels built in a U shape around a parking lot with pool in the middle. Some first floor rooms have no second floor above them, some do. The breakfast was very good quality with more choices than some free breakfasts in hotels. The breakfast room was very large, very clean and attractive, with photos of old Roseburg hotels on the walls. The property looks like it has owners who really care and run a very nice hotel. This would be a good place to stay if you are taking the Rogue-Umpqua scenic byway over to Crater Lake.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jillben
Amrik R, General Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Jillben,

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Central

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I travel for the government and spend about 75 days a year in hotels. This one was Uunexpectedly comfortable and most of the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, as was the evening cookie. The staff I interacted prior to checkout seemed to have either had some customer service training or were just nice people. Oregon is one of the states that exempts Federal employees on official business from state taxes. Despite my offering the necessary documents when i checked in, I was denied the exemption at checkout because I did not have the right "form," After a brief argument I said I would take it up with management. She then identified herself as the manager. She declined to provide a form or tell me where to get one. I complained to the chain parent, which said I needed it to be resolved locally and referred me back to QI, where I again dealt with the same person. She asked for documentation and I sent her the info from the Oregon tax dept. Never heard from them again. I've steered other feds away from that hotel since then.
I spent the next night in another Oregon hotel, which happily accepted my ID card and gave me the exemption. That one was in another city, which had city tax, and they provided me with the form for it

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Andrew P
Amrik R, General Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Oct 2013

Your recent stay at Quality Inn Central in Roseburg
Dear Guest

QUALITY INN ROSEBURG
541-673-5561

Reviewed May 27, 2013

About 30 minutes north of Seven Feathers Casino -- was pleased to stay here. Clean, sink and showers good, beds and blankets OK, free breakfast was very good. I definitely rate this as a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Joyce U

Dear Joyce,

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean rooms and a very decent breakfast with eggs and sausage, yogurts organic apple souce, coffee, waffles, Bisquits and gravy toast and other stuff.
The sheets and pillows are really nice probably the best I've seen
Worth the money

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Acidbullet
Amrik R, Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 541-673-5561.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Thought we'd upgrade from Motel 6 'cause we had a nice Quality Inn experience in Reno, NV. So we paid twice the price, but the results were bad. In room #134 we noticed grime around the bathmat but thought it was just adhesive residue, so we took showers. Then the bath mat was moved to reveal grime and hair underneath. GROSS! Brushed by the toilet seat with my leg and it revealed that it was only attached on one side. Crotch sweat stains on the fabric of the chairs, grime on their wood arms and back. Ran a clean white washcloth on the top of the headboard: more dirt.

Front desk apologized when we showed photos we took with our phones, and adjusted our bill by removing only $20.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TSchoop
Amrik R, Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

I want to let you know that I have found your review truly helpful. Since this situation came to light I have taken this situation very seriously and have investigated the situation further. I was not made aware of this situation by my staff. I want to let you know that I am diligently working to remedy this . I want to apologize to you for this situation and want you to know if I had known that the situation was that serious I would have personally made sure to get you out of that room immediately.

Quality Inn

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spent one night here in early March 2013. This was our third time here. The rooms and grounds are spotless. They have fresh, delicious cookies in the early evening. Breakfast was waffles, scrambled eggs, the best sausage I have ever had, and even applesauce and raisins. Four kinds of yogurt! Just a really nice, free breakfast.

The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room wasn't huge, but very well appointed. Even though it is right off the freeway (and therefore really easy to find) we didn't hear any road noise.

We will stay here whenever we come to Roseburg. It is by far the best Quality Inn we have experienced. And they even take pets!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kantor1955

April 18.2013 Dear Guest,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have stayed in other Quality Inns but were especially impressed with this particular one. Attractive clean exterior, friendly staff, great breakfast included with a lot of variety, roomy dining area. We had a very clean King room in the one-story section, with nice decor and comfortable bed. Easy access to the freeway. We had earned enough points with Choice Hotels to stay here free - a nice benefit. We have grandchildren in Roseburg and will definitely use this hotel when we visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thankful777
Amrik R, General Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 541-673-5561 .