“Nice Place”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: (541) 672-8459
Description: (541) 672-8459
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went to AMI based on recommendations of those on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The restaurant was very clean, staff friendly and fish very fresh. The sushi rolls are enormous ... and a bit difficult to eat. However, the flavors were delicious. We would definitely go back to try their other menu items...Korean BBQ being one of them. A hidden gem.

3  Thank 93,611
There are newer reviews for Ami Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stopped into Roseburg for a quick lunch on a drive from Portland. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The food is pretty good and the sushi rolls are the most enormous I've ever seen. There's no way one person can eat a whole roll. Pity about the size as it renders the roll stodgy and far from what it's supposed to be. I found it a little too sweet as well.

2  Thank heneedsfood
Reviewed October 14, 2013

One would never associate Japanese sushi being huge. This is definitely the exception here. We went because of the recommendation from a local food writer and personal chef. We were not disappointed. The fish was fresh also being away from the coastline.

2  Thank FYL003
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We go here a couple times a month, just love the rolls. Yes there HUGE but darn good. My brother cannot stay away from Ami when he visits ( we're headed there tonight). He says the freshness and size of the fish are bar none the best he's ate, I'll agree with that !!

4  Thank Lizfish97470
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am new to sushi but my aunt got me hooked on a crunch roll at a sushi bar in CA. I have eaten at Ami's before and love their Vegas rolls. Their shrimp tempura roll is equally awesome. I did ask for some spicy mayo and I love the heat and taste. I also ordered the chicken yakisoba and it was very, very good.

I have also had their Korean fried rice which was very, very good.

Nice employees and very fresh food.

4  Thank dietcoke22