“No Wi-Fi” 2 of 5 stars

Shady Oaks Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Roseburg B&B and Inns
“No Wi-Fi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I've stayed at this motel twice in two separate rooms. Neither time did the wifi work, even when standing outside the office with my ipad. Otherwise, its OK if you're looking for a rock bottom price with quick access to I-5.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank sooke54 .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Heading up I-5 on the last leg of a two-week camping road trip, we wanted a quick on/quick off motel for our last night. Motels aren’t hard to find, but we prefer the old-fashioned places with a little character instead of the typical Holiday Inn Expresses or Motel 6’s that congregate at nearly every freeway exit. How lucky we were to find the Shady Oaks motel in Roseburg Oregon! Just off the interstate, it met our needs exactly—clean, reasonably priced (AAA discount!), and we could park the the van just outside the door. In fact, the attentive proprietors, the size of the room, the big bathroom (great shower!), and two big easy chairs far exceeded our expectations. It’s an older place, don’t look for glitz, but it’s lovingly maintained—there are flowers in big pots outside and adirondack chairs on the lawn; it’ll remind you of car trips when you were a kid! Granted, there is that train, but it only came by once while we were there, and road noise was not an issue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pat P
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stay every year for Spring Fair. The owners are very friendly and always remember us and the extra towels we always ask for. :-)
It's a vintage roadtrip motel where you park in front of your room. The beds are comfortable and our room was on the end so it had an extra window:-)
This is a great hotel with bargain pricing! Highly recommended by me!

Room Tip: I like room 12 to get the extra window (more light is my friend).and great shower.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kingnik2
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stay away from this dump!!! I have friends still staying there right now that are part of a work crew. I learned personally that right from the beginning of the stay, the rooms weren't even cleaned. I can concur on the condition of the rooms. My room was the same way. I opted to just go and stay at another motel instead. This one was just too nasty for me. I had to pay my own bill this way, but it was better than staying at Shady Oaks Motel, that's for sure. There was a mix up on pricing and extra people too. Just one headache after another.

And the management ... holy crap! They love nothing more than to stand there arguing with you about every little thing. Dumb things. They get upset over the littlest of things.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE ... YOU'LL WIND UP REGRETTING IT IF YOU DON'T!

There are quite a few more motels just up the road north, less than two miles from this one. A good selection.

Room Tip: Don't get any room from this place. Save yourself the headaches!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Josh P

Travelers are raving about these Roseburg hotels

Roseburg, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The owners argue with you ... pretty much about anything and everything. The WiFi is extremely slow. It sucks! The rooms are not that clean at all. They have been doing some painting and grounds maintenance and leave the garbage laying around all over the property.

I would not recommend this place to any of my friends. I value my friends. I would not want to lose any by referring them to such a trashy looking motel. Way over priced for what they have to offer.

Room Tip: There are several more motels just up the road from Shady Oaks. I would strongly suggest that you ch...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom P
Coos Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The rooms were vintage 70's decor but very large. Had oversize refrigerator plus microwave and 2 overstuffed chairs and coffee table. The tiled bathroom had vintage 70's fixtures (green toilet and sink, green shower enclosure) but it was all very clean and nice. The beds were okay (split decision on how comfortable they were). TV reception and channel selection very good.
The owners were friendly and helpful, and are making improvements to moderize their classic motel. No electronic door knobs, just old fashioned keys. Some truckung noise from the highway at night and the freight trains in the early morning, but we ded to be up and about early anyway. Overall, this was a decent place to hang your hat for a day or a week.

Room Tip: All rooms face the highway and railroad tracks. Older section of motel is getting the most recent up...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Shirley R
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Headed north on I-5 this is the South Roseburg exit, maybe a mile up a two lane fast road. First lodging I saw, on the right. Looked like an old motel but advertised AAA approved so I decided to stop and never regretted that choice. Found the managers / owners (?) to be very helpful. The room had few electrical plugs and a couple appliances weren't plugged in or working initially. But the manager came immediately to provide extension cord/outlet expander and got everything up and running in minutes. The fridge had no handles but worked well-- except no door on the freezing compartment meant everything was a bit frozen. Multiple cable TV channels. Microwave. The room/bathroom old as mentioned but VERY clean so perfectly comfortable. WiFi worked fine. I had everything I needed and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wanderer292
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
BEST WESTERN Garden Villa Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 15 in Roseburg
4.5 of 5 stars 58 reviews
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Sutherlin

Been to Shady Oaks Motel? Share your experiences!