$140
HIExpress.com
$85
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$100
QualityInn
$121
$108
$102
$100
$90
Motel 6 Roseburg(Roseburg)(Great Value!)
$72
$90
Hotels.com
$80
Hotwire.com
All reviewsstayed here for one nightroom was cleansammicrowavemotelhighway
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stay away from this dump!!! I have friends still staying there right now that are part of a work crew. I learned personally that right from the beginning of the stay, the rooms weren't even cleaned. I can concur on the condition of the rooms. My room was the same way. I opted to just go and stay at another motel instead. This one was just too nasty for me. I had to pay my own bill this way, but it was better than staying at Shady Oaks Motel, that's for sure. There was a mix up on pricing and extra people too. Just one headache after another.

And the management ... holy crap! They love nothing more than to stand there arguing with you about every little thing. Dumb things. They get upset over the littlest of things.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE ... YOU'LL WIND UP REGRETTING IT IF YOU DON'T!

There are quite a few more motels just up the road north, less than two miles from this one. A good selection.

Room Tip: Don't get any room from this place. Save yourself the headaches!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Josh P
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The owners argue with you ... pretty much about anything and everything. The WiFi is extremely slow. It sucks! The rooms are not that clean at all. They have been doing some painting and grounds maintenance and leave the garbage laying around all over the property.

I would not recommend this place to any of my friends. I value my friends. I would not want to lose any by referring them to such a trashy looking motel. Way over priced for what they have to offer.

Room Tip: There are several more motels just up the road from Shady Oaks. I would strongly suggest that you check them out first.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The rooms were vintage 70's decor but very large. Had oversize refrigerator plus microwave and 2 overstuffed chairs and coffee table. The tiled bathroom had vintage 70's fixtures (green toilet and sink, green shower enclosure) but it was all very clean and nice. The beds were okay (split decision on how comfortable they were). TV reception and channel selection very good.
The owners were friendly and helpful, and are making improvements to moderize their classic motel. No electronic door knobs, just old fashioned keys. Some truckung noise from the highway at night and the freight trains in the early morning, but we ded to be up and about early anyway. Overall, this was a decent place to hang your hat for a day or a week.

Room Tip: All rooms face the highway and railroad tracks. Older section of motel is getting the most recent upgrades, including covered parking. All rooms on ground level with parking outside your door.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Shirley R
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Headed north on I-5 this is the South Roseburg exit, maybe a mile up a two lane fast road. First lodging I saw, on the right. Looked like an old motel but advertised AAA approved so I decided to stop and never regretted that choice. Found the managers / owners (?) to be very helpful. The room had few electrical plugs and a couple appliances weren't plugged in or working initially. But the manager came immediately to provide extension cord/outlet expander and got everything up and running in minutes. The fridge had no handles but worked well-- except no door on the freezing compartment meant everything was a bit frozen. Multiple cable TV channels. Microwave. The room/bathroom old as mentioned but VERY clean so perfectly comfortable. WiFi worked fine. I had everything I needed and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Wanderer292
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here about 2 months ago during our trip to Portland Oregon. The rooms were super big and totally clean. I typically do not like to go to motels, however, this place was right off the freeway and we were pretty tired. I am glad we chose to stay here. I am always concerned regarding cleanliness and customer service, and I am happy to report that Shady Oaks Motel is not only very clean but they provided us with excellent customer service. I believe the managers (husband and wife or they maybe the owners) take pride in their work and try their best to provide a good experience for their customers. When we checked out, they gave us better directions than our GPS and saved us from driving a few extra miles. This was very small gesture, but it showed me that they genuinely care about their customers. Thank you Sam and Deevya. We will definetly stop by on our next trip to the North, or even stay there if we plan on visiting Crater Lake.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family