“home cooking”

Casey's Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 139 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are looking for good home cooking this is my fav. Love their Omelet’s, hash browns and toast.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at this diner several times. It is a clean breakfast type diner. The service is quick and friendly. The portions are a little larger than normal. No sticker shock on the prices...normal breakfast/lunch prices. A no frills diner providing good food.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was an amazing experience.....looked at trip advisor for a recommendation and thought we'd check it out.....wow!! The country fried steak tasted just like my great-grandma's....it actually brought tears to my eyes. Amazing service, friendly and attentive.....we have a new tradition....we'll always stop here when we travel by!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Saw reviews on Trip Advisor, glad I did. My husband and I enjoyed it both days we stayed in Roseburg. Great food and decent prices.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We found Casey's on trip advisor, though it was not as easy to find in person. It's on NW Garden Valley Blvd. just on the east side of Interstate 5, but tucked behind a gas station. It looks like it used to be something like a Denny's many years ago, and is still locked in that time period, which can be both good and bad. The waitresses (I don't think you're going to find waiters here) could have just stepped out of a Hollywood movie about a cafe in the 1950s. They are friendly, but get pretty busy since the place is very popular with the locals. I think it's the quantity of food that packs them in, though the quality is not bad either, depending on what you order. I went for the special, which was a flat-iron steak with four large prawns thrown in for the price of the steak itself. The bean with ham soup that came with the meal was outstanding, not messed up with all sorts of weird vegetables, but just lots of great beans and ham. The prawns were large and crispy. I'd ordered my steak well done, saying I didn't want to see any pink in it, but it remained pretty red even after I'd sent it back for more flame. I think it was one of those old-fashioned places where the cooks simply refuse to "ruin" a good piece of meat. It was pretty tasty, just not cooked to my taste. My wife ordered an omelet, which turned out to be the size of a football, with plenty of hash browns and toast on the side. Overall, a pretty decent meal for not a lot of money, but you might feel a bit overdressed even in jeans and a T-shirt if they've been washed too recently.