“Not as good as it once was”
Review of Charley's BBQ

Charley's BBQ
Ranked #24 of 139 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Casual BBQ
Description: Casual BBQ
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We went there for lunch and ordered the 'special' on the chalk board. Was told it wasn't ready. neither was the sauce we like. Chicken was dry. The 'Hot" pastrami was barey warm. Service could be better. When I asked about the live music as on several wall posters, I was told that was something the previous owner did. So why are the posters still there? Perhaps as a reminder of how much better it once was.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We always eat at Charley's. This is the best barbecue in Roseburg, hands-down. The tri-tip is awesome and we love the large selection of sauces that are available. There was a change of ownership that didn't affect the food quality at all. Another reviewer mentioned no longer getting hush puppies with their meal. We've been eating here for 3 years and never got hush puppies so not sure what they are referring to.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had the pulled pork sandwich. Very good, lots of tender, moist pork.

Took home a full rack of baby back ribs. Also very good.

Nice people. Clean and well maintained place. Just off the freeway. Will be back.

1  Thank mike19444
Reviewed October 10, 2013

had the chicken thought it was okay, expensive, had a snack to see if I wanted dinner there, didnt have dinner there. it was a smoked chicken maybe the other stuff was good but the chicken skin had flavor and that was it.a chicken was 15 bucks so no thanks

2  Thank dawoody
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have been going to Charley's for 9 years. We have always loved their food, until now. The last 2 times we have been there, the food was not up to par. This last time, we learned you no longer get hush puppies with your meal and they have cut the sides back to just a few. I wanted my usual, the half chicken. They didn't have any, even though we were there fairly early in the evening on a Monday. This was also the case the last time we were there and I was given pulled chicken, without even asking me. My husband had the brisket which was tough. He was initially was given only one side and when we pointed out that he should have gotten 2 sides, we were told no and then the server was corrected and they brought him a second side. We loved this restaurant for so many years. This is too sad.

1  Thank Deborah U

Been to Charley's BBQ? Share your experiences!