“Not the same as it used to be...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Charley's BBQ

Charley's BBQ
Ranked #18 of 138 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual BBQ
Oakland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the same as it used to be...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I used to really enjoy Charley's. The last couple of times we have been there...Not so much!

I always get the chicken, so that is what my review is based on. Last time it was not cooked completely. Had to microwave it and let's just say the dog enjoyed it more than I did. I called and Chris offered a free dinner the next time I came in, but I didn't take him up on it. (Undercooked chicken kind of does that to me.)

Decided to try it again today...chicken was cooked, but was absolutely tasteless. My sweet potato tots came in a Styrofoam container with a lid on it. Needless to say my tots were mushy. Making the $3+ that I paid for them a little ridiculous!

Sorry, but I probably won't go back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TAMarshall

Roseburg, Oregon
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the BBQ Beef sandwich - excellent flavor and very tender. Will be back for more!

Visited August 2013
Midwest USA
“Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went here based on TripAdvisor reviews, so we were surprised to walk in and find the place practically empty. Service was quick, prices are reasonable, but the brisket was average at best. Probably would not eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank J-Doc
Oregon
“Finger lickin' good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Okay...looks like a joint...minimum parking and paper plates, BUT the best babybacks we've had in years. Take your time reading the menu because it's more varied then what a first glance offers.

• Visited July 2013
Keizer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ran out of food!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Trip advisor gave good reviews for barbecue for Charley's in Roseburg. We arrived 1 hour before the restaurant was closed and they told us they ran out of food!
The gave us option of only 2 items remaining on the menu and they would be closing in several minutes. I have been to a restaurant that has run out of 1 or 2 items but to run out of almost all of their items is a bit odd. It made me question whether they really cared about having customers.
Would not come back.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Charley's BBQ? Share your experiences!