“Smoked Prime Rib...Yumm!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Casual BBQ
Description: Casual BBQ
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Charley's smoked prime rib is renowned for good reason...absolutely delicious! What doesn't get eaten on Fri & Sat goes into their prime rib chili on Tues...the best I've ever had!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

One of the best things about Charley's is the wide variety of BBQ sauces to test. (We just took 4 of the squeeze bottles to our table to test. Ended up mixing the Carolina and Kansas City.) My brisket was very good, with a beautiful smoke ring. The coleslaw was better than average and the corn fritters were AMAZING. My husband says the pulled pork sandwich was good, but the bun was too soft. The dining room is simple cafe style. Given that it was good and so close to the freeway, I will definitely return, even if I'm just passing through on I-5.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Charleys has good bbq but the sides taste like they came out of a can except for the corn fritters which were pretty good.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stopped here on our way north to Portland and the whole family was really glad we did! My husband and I both had orders of Baby Back Ribs! Incredible! They come without sauce and you pick what kind of BBQ sauce and how much you want on it. We both tried the regular BBQ sauce and the Apricot...yum! There were other BBQ sauces available including raspberry chipotyl and honey BBQ. The sides which were included in our order were excellent as well. The green salad was simple but everything was crisp and fresh and the croutons were home-made and delicious. Another reviewer mentioned the corn fritters si I tried them and I have to agree that they were lucious; next time I will order a whole order of fritters! My son ordered the fries and what arrived was a monster pile of really good fries! We made him share! The staff, including Doug, the owner, were super friendly and the atmosphere, if not fancy, is comfortable. We will definitely make a point to stop here again on our next trip north.

1  Thank Silverstar46
Reviewed August 28, 2011

after all the great reviews I expected really good food, I was really not impressed at all. We ordered the big family feed, the ribs and fries were decent but the rest was dry/over salted or not hot. Friendly people but wish the food would have been better

Been to Charley's BBQ? Share your experiences!