“Yuk!”
Review of Umpqua Hot Springs

Ranked #8 of 44 things to do in Roseburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated 150 feet over the North Umpqua River and close to Crater Lake National Park.
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the hot spring a couple times in the 20+ years I have lived in Oregon. I thought maybe the second time would be better than the first. Nope!
If you enjoy hanging around almost nude to completely nude intoxicated people with the smell of Marijuana in the mountain air, then this place is perfect. Also, nothing like having some discarded garbage left behind to decorate the area.
As far as going in the water, I have never been in the water. Bacteria loves warm water.
There might be some decent people that actually frequent the hot springs, but second time is the charm for me. I will not be going back.

22  Thank JimmieZ
"bridge"
"rocks"
"camping"

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Huge potholes getting there. About 20 dirty, scary feeling, grifters with their kids, dogs and chickens. Felt unsafe. We left.

26  Thank kfeathers
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Beautiful, drive. Commune with nature. When you pack it in remember to pack it out. Not handicap accessible. Almost a year around trail. Swim Suits are optional.

5  Thank Rex S
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I love a soak in the Umpqua Hot Springs after a long week of camping. It's not a long hike, but it's a pretty intense one. There's a sign on the bathrooms before you head up warning about possible nudity. This is Oregon, and we love being one with nature. So yes, you will most likely end up seeing some naked, pot smoking, hippies.. Get over it, get in a tub, and soak your cares away in some breathtakingly beautiful natural hot springs.

12  Thank Jessica F
See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a beautiful place...just the drive to get there is awesome..but if you are not in good shape for hiking, this is one you might want to leave for this for the more agile. But if you feel left out don't, just keep going up the road and driving, there is so much up there to see like the water flume way up at the top of the mountain. I don't know where the road ends we went so far we turned around where we could and were very satisfied. Tokettee is the name of the place I think.

4  Thank travelinrose889