“Not impressed with the food”

Gilberto's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 138 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Seattle, Washington
“Not impressed with the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Food was strange, not authentic Mexican, they put brown gravy (the kind you get in a cheap diner) on many dishes, it has no business being on Chili Rellenos! The only salsa they have is a plane Pico de gallo, no salsa with a cooked tomato base, so if you don’t like raw tomatoes, there will be NO salsa for you!

Service was average and Margaritas were good. We will not be back, really didn’t like the food, and if we go somewhere for margaritas, we will go where we have the option to get a salsa with a cooked tomatoes base, wife does not like raw tomatoes.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lovefoodeverywhere

“A Roseburg Must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

There are few places in Roseburg that I try to visit while in town. Gilberto's is one of them. Their tortillas are some of the best I have had and most menu items are tasty. I am a fan of their beef quasadillas and Wally burritos.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle
“Yikes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Granted, everyone has their own preferences for mexican food, but I found the food here bland, barely warm, and uninspired. If you're hungry for a great Mexican meal, this probably isn't the place for you. The taxi driver praised the place, so I ate there and was disappointed, but there must be people who like it.

Visited February 2012
Sacramento, California
“If You Say Amigo one more time!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Bland, Americanized Mexican food...and they said amigo at least 15 times to us while we were there. arrgh.

Visited June 2012
“This not Mexican Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Did not taste fresh, a lot of chili powder and salty but that is about it, I could tell from the first taste it was heartburn city. I eat a lot of good Mexiacan Food, this is not in the running. I didnot want to hurt my inlaws feelings about how bad it was but on the way home they appologised for the meal.

• Visited May 2012