“Smashing”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Kowloon has always been my favorite Chineese Restaurant in Roseburg. Love the food, nice facility and great place for a party. My retirement luncheon was here in 2007, it was great.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

HUGE PORTIONS. If you are looking to feed a LOT of your friends and family, this is the place to go. After some HORRIBLE Chinese food in Chinatown in Victoria, BC I was really looking forward to a good meal. I remember going here when I was younger but I didn't remember the portions being so HUGE. Way too much food. The egg rolls were GINORMOUS. I ate half of one and I was full. Not realizing how big the portions were I ordered Orange Chicken, my husband ordered General's Chicken and an order of Chicken Fried Rice. Perhaps we should have taken the hint from our waitress when she was surprised that we ordered so much.

The food was good. Not outstanding but good. We barely scratched the surface of what we ordered. I was tempted to invite two ladies that walked in to take our table and finish it for us.

We knew that we weren't going to be able to eat that before taking off the next day so we took our packed up food and drove into town and found a group of homeless people to share the food with. There were 5 or 6 of them and they ate well that night!

Prices were good and you definitely got your money's worth. If you want to eat Chinese food for a couple days or feed the homeless, this is the place for you!

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The food used to be great but EVERYTHING changed. They used to have the best egg rolls in Oregon but now they are smaller, over fried and have skimped on the meat. Everything went when they lost their chef. The noodles are different and everything is over fried and greasy. And the service stinks. The waitress got our order wrong and they kept forgetting to refill our drinks or bring us chopsticks. The place is also always filled with inconsiderate dinners who don't control their children. We will never go there again. We hoped it was only a one time thing since it was a place of childhood memories but that is exactly what it is; a memory!

1  Thank MikesMayvn
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Chinese restaurants in Roseburg tend to all serve very good Chinese food. Nothing special, but very tastey. When I asked why the portions were so large, I was told by a waitress in China Palace they had to complete with all the other Chinese restaurants in town by making the portions bigger. I think they should focus on quality and not so much on quantity. I've been to other restaurants in other places that have standout items that make them special. Roseburg Chinese is all good, but none (oither than mayber Bangkok West) stands out as special.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is one of the best "American" Chinese restaraunts on the West Coast. They use a light batter for their battered stuff, fresh ingrediants and it comes out steaming hot with enought to feed an army. DO NOT MISS their BBQ Pork appetizer, dipped in a little sauce (a bottle on each table) and you will believe..........