All reviews river view umpqua river hot tub first floor each room has a balcony coffee stand cinnamon rolls top floor rooms face small indoor pool nice lobby free breakfast is business center fitness center nice property wildlife safari front desk clerk
Reviewed September 26, 2017

We splurged and got a King Exec Suite, with couch.It seemed to be an updated room as it didn't look old. We always appreciate having fridge/microwave. Desk and separate vanity area. 2 sink restroom and nice toiletries but no soap holder at sinks!? Bed was VERY comfortable and loved the option for the soft or firm pillow.

Nice to face the river and have the outdoor deck to sit and enjoy the view. Location is right off the freeway somewhat behind a Chevron & Dutch Bro's.

We just stayed 1 night. All the doors face the outdoors. I was disappointed not to find a thermostat in the room. It got quite cold.

2 keys we received, only 1 seemed to work.

Breakfast items included eggs, sausage, bacon, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, machine made pancakes. There are some tables but not a big space for breakfast but you can take the food up to your room as the plates are disposable.

We walked downtown crossing over the river for dinner. We had greek at Alexander's - delicious and would definitely go back.

Check in and out was fine. Would stay again but definitely ask for a room not near elevators/ice rooms (thin walls, you can hear all that)

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor not near elevator/ice rooms for quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank fotogirl
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I stayed here twice one for my cousin's bridal shower and again for her wedding. Honestly, there isn't much to say about this hotel. It served its purpose well, and I enjoyed the stunning river view.

However, the faucets and toilets seemed to be a bit old and the hotel probably gave the least amount of complimentary soap, shampoo, etc.. Also, the doors and keycards had SO many issues. The locks are apparently very old and sometimes have trouble reading the keycards, so my husband and I had to get ours changed twice.

Also, I think there was only one elevator in the hotel and it was pretty slow. There are probably stairs, but I didn't see any.

But the location of this hotel is most annoying, as it is right across from a high school and right off the free way. Traffic can be a bit dificult in that area.

Room Tip: I'd go for the third floor with a river view. Best view and it's most secure
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2017

Hi Amanda A,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our view of the river. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our faucets and toilets, lack of bathroom amenities, and key cards just to name a few. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 10, 2017

This Holiday Inn is older, but fairly well maintained We stayed in room 326, which was at the far end and had a beautiful view of the river. It was so nice to fall asleep to the frogs serenading us from below. This was the last night of our week long road trip and it was probably the best night sleep I had. The bed was extremely comfortable!
Breakfast was available in the lobby downstairs. They had more than enough to choose from to fill the hungry hole in your stomach.

The only improvements that could be made, would be to do something about all the doors in the room (front, bathroom, balcony). They were all hard to close, and I don't know that the bathroom one really could be closed completely. This did not distract from our stay, however, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I've stayed here twice in route to Portland from California. What I like most is that all rooms face a beautiful river and have small balconies. The hotel was updated from my first visit and was nice. My only complaint was that the air conditioner which was noisy. I did give a similar review when they sent me a request to review. They did respond and said their ACs were being updated, and I just happened to be in a room that was on the schedule to be updated.

Room Tip: Try to stay on 4th floor. It's the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2017

This is a very nice HIE. Our room was very clean and nice. We enjoyed the balcony, but there isn't much water in the river now. We liked having the bathroom away from the bedroom and an extra mirror and counter top outside the bathroom.

The lobby/breakfast area was nice. The food was hot and replenished regularly. We ate a bit later so most of the crowd was gone. The breakfast attendant was very friendly as asked if there was anything else we needed. The people at the front desk were nice and helpful. We definitely were pleased with our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family