Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
Dunes Motel(Roseburg)
Rose City Motel(Roseburg)
Roseburg Inn(Roseburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsriver viewumpqua riverhot tubeach room has a balconycoffee standrooms facetop floorcinnamon rollssmall indoor poolfirst floorbusiness centernice propertyfree breakfast isoff the highwayoregon coastsausageyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2009

My 24 yr old son and I did a road trip across America starting in WaDC. After multiple nights in various motels, we needed a place that had comfortable beds, some decent, clean amenities and affordable. We found this hotel to be the best place in 5000 miles and two weeks.

The place was clean, well kept, next to the river, near a walking/running path. The continental breakfast had fruit and the staff was very cordial, efficient.

It is not a new hotel, but the maintenance of it is top quality and I would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Next trip to Oregon, we'll drive a bit further before we stop. I was not impressed with this hotel at all. I dont like hotels with doors outside. I just dont feel safe, and there were lots of drunks in the immediate area. The carpet in our room was so dirty, that my socks and slippers got filthy walking around the room. The t.v. in our room went out DURING THE SUPERBOWL. The front desk clerk was not very accomaditing. Said she had nobody to call to bring a replacement, but we could move to another room. We had just driven 8 hours, unpacked 4 suitcases, and put on our pj's. Moving again was not an option, we were exhausted. My husband offered to get a t.v. from another room and change it out, she refused to allow him to do that. We missed most of the game. The balcony outside is nice. And the lobby is pretty. The room wasn't as nice as most Holiday Inn Express' where we've stayed before. The pool is super small. And glass drinking glasses instead of disposible. Everyone prefers something that hasn't been used before, as these glasses are washed in a bathroom sink with a dirty rag.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Brenrick
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Great hotel! It was just like staying at home. Great staff, fantastic accomodations, clean with great little pool and hot tub. The manager, Bobbi, greeted me and made me feel comfortable. I will definately stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2008

OVERVIEW:

This is probably the nicest hotel in Roseburg. If you have to stay in Roseburg, I don't think it gets much better than this. If you can stay in another town (like Medford or Eugene) you can find a little nicer hotel. It's not as nice as a lot of hotels I've stayed at but overall, this place is pretty decent.

ARRIVAL:

The hotel is pleasant enough. Has a drive-thru luggage drop-off area, which is always nice. The counter staff is decent, not real friendly but professional. They have a pretty nice living room / community area with couches, chairs and a big fireplace. Also a plasma TV to watch.

ROOMS:

The rooms are fairly small but as good as you can expect from an "express" hotel. The beds were comfy and the style of the room was modern. Linens and bathrooms were clean. Had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Had a TV with cable and HBO. Probably one of the nicest things about the room was the small back patio. It had a BEAUTIFUL view of the Umqua river and gazebo / courtyard area. Also has a small desk, where I am typing this up right now. Free Wi-Fi too.

POOL / HOT TUB / EXERCISE ROOM:

Like others said, the pool is way too small. Even smaller than the photos look. Maybe 10 people would fit in the pool - and that would be crowded. We had to wait until 9:00 p.m. to go into the pool because it was so overly crowded earlier. But it is indoors! That's the nice part. And plenty of chairs and tables to hang out at, while your kids are swimming.

The hot tub was actually VERY nice. It is outside, under a huge gazebo. A little warmer than mine at home. But it was big enough to probably fit 10 adults in and everyone would have plenty of room. Seemed to be very nice and clean as well.

We didn't use the exercise room but it looked pretty nice too! Had a TV or two up in the corners to watch while you work out. Seemed to have the usual universal weights, elyptical, treadmill, et. al.

BREAKFAST:

This was one of the main reasons we often stay at Holiday Inn hotels. The breakfasts they serve are usually a nice step above your typical fruit, danish, and yogurt bar that most hotels have. I wouldn't say this one was one of the better meals I've eaten at a Holiday Inn. I've had a lot better breakfasts at this chain. But it was still way better than what most hotels offer. Our family of 5 ate breakfast and it was good enough. It saved us probably $35 at Denny's. The breakfast offers; Scrambled eggs, Jimmy Dean style sausages, crispy bacon, hot biscuits, danish, muffins, instant oatmeal, fresh bread for making toast, lots of fruit, lots of cereal, bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and a few other things. Drinks offered were orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, coffee, milk, hot chocolate. The breakfast was popular. LOTS of people down their taking advantage of it.

The eggs seemed almost instant. Very crumbly. But tasted good. The bacon was greasy and very very thin. But edible. The sausages were on-point! Very good! Everything else was pretty decent. Probably not quite as good as you'd get from Denny's or Sherri's but it was close. And FREE!

OTHER:

The one main disadvantage is you have to go back outside to get to your room. And it can be DANG COLD outside. So every time you need to go back to the lobby for something you have to spend a few minutes walking in the cold before you get there. The elevator is ancient too.

All in all, it's about what you'd expect from a small town like Roseburg and about what you'd expect from an "Express" hotel. If you come with modest expectations, you won't be disappointed. Good place to come with kids and families.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Not sure what else the small town of Roseburg offers for lodging but it wouldn't surprise me if this was the best choice.

The rate wasn't terrific but it fulfilled what my family and i needed for one vacation night between Crater Lake and the Oregon Coast.

Maybe the closest "hotel" accomodation to Crater Lake (OUTSTANDING) if you want to see the Lake in a day and then be within range of the Oregon Coast (OUTSTANDING again) this might fit your itinerary.

Not fancy but pretty clean and easy to get to and pretty comfortable.

pool is really small but looked ok for a couple of people at a time.

Front desk clerk was nasty on the phone when I asked for directions.

Nice balcony looking out over a waterway.

Close to the interstate but pretty quiet.

Called to the front desk to ask for aspirin and they told me to hit up the vending machine.

Good, easy to use wireless

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family