“Snowed in!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Snowed in!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was forced to stop in Roseburg during an ice/snow storm recently, so my husband booked this hotel online. The staff was extremely nice & helpful, although the room quality left a bit to be desired. It was clean, but very outdated. The location was good, but I think there are probably better places to stay in Roseburg.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Coffeegirl33
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Coffeegirl33,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you found our staff to be nice and helpful. We're sorry you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you received. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I often stay at a Holiday Inn Express if I don't have past experience or a strong recommendation to go on, and I have never been disappointed. However, I have to say that this property is not up to the usual Holiday Inn Express standards. I'm not expecting the Ritz, but they are usually similar in appearance, décor and amenities. My guess that this Holiday Inn Express was "something else" which was purchased and spiffed up to conform to the Holiday Inn Express "look and feel" - and they failed spectacularly. The lobby looks great and gives you the HIE (Holiday Inn Express) feel, but it ends there. Rooms are accessed by a long, dingy outside corridor. Low level lighting, a cheap (and broken) floor lamp, minimal bathroom lighting, worn furniture and a sliding door that was nearly impossible to open tells me that this property is way past its prime. The new wallpaper (peeling at edges) doesn't offset everything else. The parking lot was filthy. I slept well until the banging doors of the "slightly above Motel 6" style corridor woke me up (but it was time to get up anyway!). This is not a BAD property, but it is not what you would expect of a HIE. And I'd say not worth the money. Staff was great, but the three minutes at check in and one minute at check out didn't offset the fact that this is basically an old, cheap, run down motel. It does have a view of the river, but when you arrive after dark and depart just after sunrise it doesn't mean much.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fwd9
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear fwd9,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is truly regrettable to see the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see the score for the Service you received. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to highlight areas where our hotel could benefit from improvement. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your thorough and candid comments, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Adrian D
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Initially this hotel was hard to find as it has changed its name from the Holiday Inn and we rode past it three times,
After yet another day riding our Harleys on our trip around the USA we needed another cheap, quite and comfortable hotel to stay, this ticked all the boxes, had a great nights sleep and the reception girl was very helpful and friendly, breakfast was ok and we would stay again if going through Roseburg again

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms if you are riding a motorcycle or have a lot of luggage to carry up stairs
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel had the usual great features of a Holiday Inn Express: friendly and helpful staff, clean room with a comfy bed, hot breakfast (I'm hooked on the cinnamon rolls!) PLUS some bonus features that made this above average. Most impressive was the great view of the river from the room, plus a small balcony. There was also a pool and hot tub that we didn't use but they looked inviting.

One small negative: outside entrances to rooms will be a bit awkward at times of poor weather.

All in all, I found this to be a very good value in a great location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamesDMo
salem, oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay in Roseburg for work ~ and there aren't many choices here. My room was clean but I did have to kill 3 huge bugs. The fridge froze my food but the shower was nice & the king bed firm. Above-average "free" breakfast which was a nice treat and it was great for an early bird. Front desk staff ~ friendly and helpful. I used the fitness center and I was impressed they squeezed 4 machines in the 2 rooms.

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear bexnate,

Krysllin G.
Vancouver, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was just an overnight stay while driving through. At first the room seemed pretty clean, until two crickets scooted across the floor. I don't know if they were already in the room or came in when we did. The door was only open long enough for two of us to walk through. The bed was comfortable enough and the room was adequate. In the morning, with daylight in the room, we noticed that the carpet didn't look as clean as it did in the light of the lamps in the room the night before. We each, separately, told the desk clerk about the crickets and we got the sense that she didn't really care. Maybe because she was used to these kinds of complaints? The breakfast was pretty good. Overall, we would maybe stay here on another trip down I-5, but I wouldn't stay on the 1st floor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Clipp,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed the breakfast served during your stay. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the cleanliness of the room that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Mount Shasta, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The room was very small, but absolutely clean with nice furniture and bedding...the breakfast is what I expect...everything tastes like cardboard with weak flavorless coffee...I really wish there was an option to pay less for a room and not have breakfast...as it was I couldn't finish any food I tried.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear 245Quigley__,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am sincerely sorry if the breakfast served did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pam G
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#11 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseburg? Share your experiences!