“Very Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I only stayed one night for business but it was a very pleasant stay. Bed was very comfortable, room was very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful and breakfast was very good. I didn't get to use the pool or exercise area but they looked very nice. I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Not bad not great just ok. For what you pay it is worth it. There was a long hair in the towels. Heater didn't work and had to have the wi-fi reset. Bed was clean comfortable. Quiet and no strange odors. I would stay again if I were just passing through again.

• Stayed: March 2013
HOLIDAYNEXPRESS, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Here at Holiday Inn Express we take your comfort into great consideration. We're sorry to hear you had minor inconveniences and look forward to making up for it with excellent customer service in the future!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was just wonderful. It was clean neat and comfortable. As I told the front desk clerk when we checked out the only thing I could complain about was the high of the shower, I am short, but then if it had been shorter my husband who is over 6 foot tall would of complained about it being to short, so I guess that is a no win. But the water pressure in shower was great, and the morning breakfast nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We're so glad to hear you and your husband had an enjoyable time here at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg! We continue to strive towards excellency and thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for the first time. I was a bit apprehensive at the overall low rating but since none of the Roseburg hotels rated highly, we figured this was probably the best of the bunch. Our first impression when we walked into the lobby was a good one. It was clean, it smelled new, and the staff who checked us in were wonderful. Our room was on the 3rd floor and we found it very nice. It was also very clean and well appointed. Our bed was very comfortable, and we enjoyed our balcony and river view. I'm not sure why people gave this hotel as low a review as some did. I do know that if we need to stay in Roseburg again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CLC451
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Does not compare to other Hoilday Inn express properties that I have stayed at before. Roseburg does not have much to offer and this property appears to be the best in town. Remodeling is going on and the lobby area is very nice. Rooms could use some updating. One thing that was especially noticeable was how thin the walls are. I could hear complete conversations from both of my neighbors. But being a regular at hotels I always travel with ear plugs. Nice convenient location, overall not a bad stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear TRC70,

Thank you for your considerate review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This property is in the midst of renovations, so I'm guessing some of the more negative reviews are from guests who were in older rooms. Ours was newly refurnished, from carpet, wall coverings, draperies and flat screen television. We found it to be clean and quiet.

Check in was quick, friendly, and efficient, as was the check out in the morning. There is an elevator to the upper floors. The only downside is that all rooms open to an outdoor walkway. however, this allows all rooms to have a river view, so it's a little trade-off. Breakfast is typical HI Express fare -- nothing exceptional. Roomy lobby, pool, spa, small exercise room.

It's easy access from the freeway, a little trickier from town. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

One night was too many. Extremely uncomfortable bed. Several lights, the refrigerator, and the heating/cooling system didn't work. Oddly, if you sleep on your side and put your head on the pillow you can hear every step outside and possibly on different floors. Strange acoustics. Slept on ou backs. Very little sleep. Price was $139 for one night--steep for the area. So glad to be outta there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Diana L,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on several aspects of your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Roseburg.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseburg? Share your experiences!