All reviews river view umpqua river hot tub first floor top floor coffee stand rooms face cinnamon rolls small indoor pool free breakfast nice lobby room was clean business center fitness center off the highway nice property great stop
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Not bad not great just ok. For what you pay it is worth it. There was a long hair in the towels. Heater didn't work and had to have the wi-fi reset. Bed was clean comfortable. Quiet and no strange odors. I would stay again if I were just passing through again.

Date of stay: March 2013
HOLIDAYNEXPRESS, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Here at Holiday Inn Express we take your comfort into great consideration. We're sorry to hear you had minor inconveniences and look forward to making up for it with excellent customer service in the future!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was just wonderful. It was clean neat and comfortable. As I told the front desk clerk when we checked out the only thing I could complain about was the high of the shower, I am short, but then if it had been shorter my husband who is over 6 foot tall would of complained about it being to short, so I guess that is a no win. But the water pressure in shower was great, and the morning breakfast nice.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We're so glad to hear you and your husband had an enjoyable time here at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg! We continue to strive towards excellency and thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for the first time. I was a bit apprehensive at the overall low rating but since none of the Roseburg hotels rated highly, we figured this was probably the best of the bunch. Our first impression when we walked into the lobby was a good one. It was clean, it smelled new, and the staff who checked us in were wonderful. Our room was on the 3rd floor and we found it very nice. It was also very clean and well appointed. Our bed was very comfortable, and we enjoyed our balcony and river view. I'm not sure why people gave this hotel as low a review as some did. I do know that if we need to stay in Roseburg again we will definitely stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank CLC451
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Does not compare to other Hoilday Inn express properties that I have stayed at before. Roseburg does not have much to offer and this property appears to be the best in town. Remodeling is going on and the lobby area is very nice. Rooms could use some updating. One thing that was especially noticeable was how thin the walls are. I could hear complete conversations from both of my neighbors. But being a regular at hotels I always travel with ear plugs. Nice convenient location, overall not a bad stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear TRC70,

Thank you for your considerate review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This property is in the midst of renovations, so I'm guessing some of the more negative reviews are from guests who were in older rooms. Ours was newly refurnished, from carpet, wall coverings, draperies and flat screen television. We found it to be clean and quiet.

Check in was quick, friendly, and efficient, as was the check out in the morning. There is an elevator to the upper floors. The only downside is that all rooms open to an outdoor walkway. however, this allows all rooms to have a river view, so it's a little trade-off. Breakfast is typical HI Express fare -- nothing exceptional. Roomy lobby, pool, spa, small exercise room.

It's easy access from the freeway, a little trickier from town. Good value.

• Trip type: Traveled on business