“Derpends which end of the Hotel you are on.”

Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Ashland, Oregon
“Derpends which end of the Hotel you are on.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

There is a modern hotel which was built on to the original. We asked for a room far from the freeway and got the old section, which is accessed from the new but you then have to go outside. No real complaint with the room, which had been well-renovated, but someone above us came in late and thumped around like an elephant for a half hour. The noise exceeded what it would have been in the new section. The room rate was moderate and housekeeping was excellent. It is close to a noisy freeway but also close to downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new part of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
london
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We booked this as a stop over for the trip to Newport. Wasn't expecting much more than a clean bed, but was great. Service check in was quick and friendly bedroom clean and nice view, we got excellent recommendations for food (the old railway station - great food and beer), pool and Spa are nice (particularly the spa outside with the view of the town). Breakfast very very nice, and check was instant without fault. Excellent place and we have stayed in many places in the USA

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank sonic434343
Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed here a few times on business in Roseburg and its the best location with the best offerings in the area but i agree with those mentioning the hotel is in need of some updates.

On my recent trip in October, i found to my surprise that the hotel completely renovated the outside of building and it looks nice. Upon check in the staff were excited to share the rooms and overall hotel renovations with me, even showing me the upgrades and plans they have on a digital frame at the desk. From what i have seen this will be HUGE improvements to this hotel and it needs it.

Due to the hotel's current product, i gave the rooms a 5 on cleanliness but a 3 on rooms overall as they currently are. Still comfortable and a nice room with great river views

I have always found the hotel and room to be clean and in a good appearance every time i have stayed at this hotel and the staff have also been great. I can't wait to visit again and experience the hotel after they make the improvements.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony or patio facing the river so you will have a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bozeman
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This lodging is very nice - on the river with all the rooms having a river view. BUT an ipod was stolen out of our room and despite many conversations with management about this issue, no one was interested in what had happened. Given the almost certainty that the ipod was stolen by the hotel staff, we were very disappointed in their lack of concern. They did not offer any compensation at all. If you're going to stay there, put your valuable away or take them with you when you leave the room!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BeckyMBozeman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear BeckyMBozeman,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, OR. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Holsworthy, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

just passing through for one night and delighted to find ourselves up graded to a 4th floor excellent view of the river. All rooms have a river view but the higher the better.
Lovely clean room and friendly staff. highly recommended. Delighted with this chain and will continue to stay with them on our travels.

Room Tip: the higher floor the better but all have river view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolynkernow48
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 30, 2012

While on a trip down to San Jose, my girlfriend and I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Roseburg. We arrived late and found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. We were on the first floor with a view of the grounds and the river. The room was clean and quite sizable for us and our two cats plus our dog (we are moving to San Jose). The bed was a little hard, but better than an air mattress... We enjoyed the free hot breakfast in the morning and found some very nice people to chat with while eating. All in all, I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this property on 9/7/12. It is the oldest Holiday Inn Express property in which I have stayed. It is on a river with rooms that have a small deck or patio that look at the river which is nice. My room had pine or fir furniture that was in good shape but not as high end as I have been accustomed to at other Holiday Inn properties. The beds were comfortable and lots of pillows with pillow cases that were marked firm and soft; I couldn't tell any difference in the pillows. The room was smaller than other Holiday Inn Express rooms as well. It was 98 degrees that evening in Roseburg and the air conditioner was so loud that i could not hear the television when the air conditioner was on, which was often. Strange as it may seem, I did not complain because I knew that I could sleep through it, which I did. When I mentioned the air conditioner to the desk clerk, I got the impression that she did not care, because she made no apparent mental note and did not write anything down. I don't think I would stay at this specific property again.

Room Tip: Don't take room# 200
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Robb5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Robb5,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room and the bed.

However, We’re sorry about the noisy air conditioner and the poor customer service provided by our front desk. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#11 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseburg? Share your experiences!