“Needed a Place for the Night”

Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed September 30, 2012

While on a trip down to San Jose, my girlfriend and I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Roseburg. We arrived late and found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. We were on the first floor with a view of the grounds and the river. The room was clean and quite sizable for us and our two cats plus our dog (we are moving to San Jose). The bed was a little hard, but better than an air mattress... We enjoyed the free hot breakfast in the morning and found some very nice people to chat with while eating. All in all, I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this property on 9/7/12. It is the oldest Holiday Inn Express property in which I have stayed. It is on a river with rooms that have a small deck or patio that look at the river which is nice. My room had pine or fir furniture that was in good shape but not as high end as I have been accustomed to at other Holiday Inn properties. The beds were comfortable and lots of pillows with pillow cases that were marked firm and soft; I couldn't tell any difference in the pillows. The room was smaller than other Holiday Inn Express rooms as well. It was 98 degrees that evening in Roseburg and the air conditioner was so loud that i could not hear the television when the air conditioner was on, which was often. Strange as it may seem, I did not complain because I knew that I could sleep through it, which I did. When I mentioned the air conditioner to the desk clerk, I got the impression that she did not care, because she made no apparent mental note and did not write anything down. I don't think I would stay at this specific property again.

Room Tip: Don't take room# 200
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Robb5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Robb5,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room and the bed.

However, We’re sorry about the noisy air conditioner and the poor customer service provided by our front desk. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It is a nice little town. The holiday inn is right across from the highschool. This is a perfect place if you can get the fourth floor and chill out and recoop from life. The pool is really small, like four bath tubs put together small. But the hot tub is really nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms were decent enough but front desk staff were unable to modify the nightly rate, so I got charged $144 instead of the $120 that I reserved online. If the manager adjusts the rate I'll update this review.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank jhbrock911
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear jhbrock911,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here after walking out of a filthy Red Lion in Coos Bay. We called them from the road at 7:30pm, got the last room. Erica at the front desk was great, gave us advice for driving Hwy 42 (small,windy road) in the dark. The room was very comfortable, good bed, with a door that goes to the back 'yard' where the river runs ! Beautiful. Nice, simple hotel. Definately will stay again.

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed July 31, 2012

All rooms have great river views, upper floors have little porches to enjoy this. Amenities are okay, but the complimentary breakfast was so-so and laid out VERY awkwardly. The room itself was okay, but the concrete outdoor corridor you use, as you exit the elevator from the fancy lobby, is tacky, kind of dirty and just strange.
Each time we've stayed here, noise has been a problem, mostly noise of fellow travelers. The walls must be thin or something, and if there are any events at the adjacent fairgrounds, expect some real noise.
That all said, this is a nice motel for Roseburg, situated right on the riverbank.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 1950Jan
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently stayed here while on a trip to Wildlife Safari with my 2 daughters and friend. The kids loved the pool and while it was not a huge pool it fit the needs of the kids (age 11, 10 and 7). The view of the river was beautiful and easily enjoyed from the balcony. The room was clean and updated nicely. Having the triple layered sheets is a must for me so I was happy they had them and offered 4 pillows on each bed. I found the staff to be very plesant and helpful. It was a very short drive to Wildlife Safari and easy to get on and off the freeway. I would stay here again without question should I need a room in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobbi S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#8 of 16 in Roseburg
19 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseburg? Share your experiences!