All reviews river view umpqua river hot tub first floor top floor coffee stand rooms face cinnamon rolls small indoor pool free breakfast nice lobby room was clean business center fitness center off the highway nice property great stop
Reviewed July 19, 2012

When you are wandering around the mountains and the Oregon coast, it's very difficult to find a decent place to stay. This place was perfect! It took a while to get there from the coast but there were no other decent options but to head for the interstate and stay somewhere along that. This place has a little balcony overlooking a river that is very picturesque. Get on the highest floor possible for the best view!

2  Thank LynneHolli
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed there last week, hitting the Wild Animal Safari an exit or two away (also highly recommended), and a 90 minute drive to the other-wordly Crater Lake. Grounds and layout were simple...4 levels, outdoor covered walk to room. Room was clean and spacious, and we liked the balcony outside with a great view of the river. Shower was good and hot, and we were happy to see they had a hot tub outside, and indoor pool. Exercise room as well. Breakfast was basic, but hot eggs were a treat that you don't often get. So, it was just one night, but the location was great, staff friendly, no negatives...a very nice stopover destination. We recommend it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank slim577
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Another good choice! Just as expected but we had a great stay for one night on our way to Crater Lake. The town of Roseburg is a small community so I am glad a Holiday inn express was available in the area..

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank landscapechaser
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm still on vacation now, in California, but I made sure I had time to write a review of this hotel. This is, by far, my favorite hotel we've stayed in so far this vacation. We were expecting an average room, but what we got was five times better. We were on the top floor, a very spacious room, not to mention an unexpected balcony in the back, with a gorgeous view of the lake behind the hotel. I was very impressed with this hotel. If I were to change one thing, it would be that the pool should be bigger. Other than that, it was a great stay, and my brothers were begging for another night at the hotel.

Room tip: Top floor, preferably.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank benboard10
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I would give this place a 1 for everything except for the very poor breakfast service. They ran out of food and silverware( knives) and recommended to use the forks or spoons to spread the butter. Their kitchen is tiny and can't keep up. The garbage cans were full and were not emptied.
Other than that the rooms were great and clean and the girl in charge of cleaning the rooms should be in charge of running the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Steyr1946,

Thank you for writing us a review. I'm so glad you liked your room accommodations. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I'm deeply sorry the breakfast service you received was unacceptable. I have taken note of your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M