All reviews river view umpqua river hot tub first floor each room has a balcony coffee stand cinnamon rolls top floor rooms face small indoor pool nice lobby free breakfast is business center fitness center nice property wildlife safari front desk clerk
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm still on vacation now, in California, but I made sure I had time to write a review of this hotel. This is, by far, my favorite hotel we've stayed in so far this vacation. We were expecting an average room, but what we got was five times better. We were on the top floor, a very spacious room, not to mention an unexpected balcony in the back, with a gorgeous view of the lake behind the hotel. I was very impressed with this hotel. If I were to change one thing, it would be that the pool should be bigger. Other than that, it was a great stay, and my brothers were begging for another night at the hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor, preferably.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank benboard10
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I would give this place a 1 for everything except for the very poor breakfast service. They ran out of food and silverware( knives) and recommended to use the forks or spoons to spread the butter. Their kitchen is tiny and can't keep up. The garbage cans were full and were not emptied.
Other than that the rooms were great and clean and the girl in charge of cleaning the rooms should be in charge of running the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Steyr1946,

Thank you for writing us a review. I'm so glad you liked your room accommodations. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I'm deeply sorry the breakfast service you received was unacceptable. I have taken note of your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Roseburg Oregon while on business. The hotel was older and an outside walkways to get to the rooms so if the wind is blowing from the north and raining, you will get wet.

During my stay, the hotel was updating the entrance area to the hotel so there was an alternate entrance. Construction stopped at 5:00 PM but picked back up at 7:30 AM.

The room was nice, clean, comfortable, but what sets this hotel apart from most, is the individual room balcony's that overlook the South Umpqua River. The temperatures were in the high 70's so I was out on the balcony and I saw a doe with two fawns going down to the river.

The "Free" breakfast (always built into the cost of the room) was not up to par in my culinary standards. I particularity do not like green, red, etc., peppers because they over power all the other flavors; there were small omelets that were over cooked (brown) with the peppers inside. The biscuits and gravy were canned and the bacon was so thin you could see through them.

Check in and out was a breeze and if you time your arriving and leaving, the traffic is ok.

Room Tip: Choose an upper room for the view or ground floor for the yard and jacuzzi view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My sister, Husband, Our 10 month old and my self went down for a wedding I have stayed at lots of HIE (holiday Inn Express) I actually worked for one in Salem they never stated that the card you hold your room with needs to be present along with the card holder. I pay cash for everything I don't not have a card and I do not have a bank account. I have always paid cash when I arrive plus 10.00 per night for a deposit. The lady was RUDE and not giving an inch we were on a budget so we ended up putting my sisters bank card on the "hold" for 99.00 as we were told. The next day we checked her account they held 190.00 which made her account accrue 6 over draft fees ( at 36.00 a pop that is 216.00 (that we have to pay)). The service during the day was great the room was average but clean, the view was good, the pool was not very big very crowded with 3 kids in it, the breakfast was cold and no food and no seating..Needless to say I WILL not be staying at this HIE again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Stephanie P,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Have to say that I'm disappointed, beware if you are a smoker. (and even if you're not, I will explain)... We stayed in a family unit the first night as I wanted the comfort of having enough room to work and relax. I had a friend with me that is a smoker so she smoked outside via the patio door (1st floor outside facing the river). There were some issues upon unpacking.. there were two soggy pizzas in the fridge and hair in the bathroom. I didn't complain, just had it removed. Then business extended another day and we moved into a different (smaller) room same floor. Still my friend smoked outside. two days after checking out I was charged TWICE the hotel rate for 'smoking in the room'. They justified this charge buy saying they had to 'deep clean' the room because my friend put her cig butts in the garbage when we moved to the next room! So because she didn't leave her garbage on the grounds outside (as others did before us and she cleaned it up) I was charged WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE. At no time did they mention this 'butt issue' while we were there another day in the smaller room. I should also mention that I have a small dog and paid the $15 per night fee for having him there. So, my question is (among others), how would you NOT 'deep clean' a room that had a pet in it when you charge a fee, yet charge more that 10 times that amount because there were butts in the garbage?

Room Tip: nothing wrong with the rooms themselves, just the service and false charges that will shock the heck out of you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business