All reviewsriver viewumpqua riverhot tubfirst flooreach room has a balconycoffee standcinnamon rollstop floorrooms facesmall indoor poolnice lobbyfree breakfast isbusiness centerfitness centernice propertywildlife safarifront desk clerk
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My sister, Husband, Our 10 month old and my self went down for a wedding I have stayed at lots of HIE (holiday Inn Express) I actually worked for one in Salem they never stated that the card you hold your room with needs to be present along with the card holder. I pay cash for everything I don't not have a card and I do not have a bank account. I have always paid cash when I arrive plus 10.00 per night for a deposit. The lady was RUDE and not giving an inch we were on a budget so we ended up putting my sisters bank card on the "hold" for 99.00 as we were told. The next day we checked her account they held 190.00 which made her account accrue 6 over draft fees ( at 36.00 a pop that is 216.00 (that we have to pay)). The service during the day was great the room was average but clean, the view was good, the pool was not very big very crowded with 3 kids in it, the breakfast was cold and no food and no seating..Needless to say I WILL not be staying at this HIE again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Stephanie P,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Have to say that I'm disappointed, beware if you are a smoker. (and even if you're not, I will explain)... We stayed in a family unit the first night as I wanted the comfort of having enough room to work and relax. I had a friend with me that is a smoker so she smoked outside via the patio door (1st floor outside facing the river). There were some issues upon unpacking.. there were two soggy pizzas in the fridge and hair in the bathroom. I didn't complain, just had it removed. Then business extended another day and we moved into a different (smaller) room same floor. Still my friend smoked outside. two days after checking out I was charged TWICE the hotel rate for 'smoking in the room'. They justified this charge buy saying they had to 'deep clean' the room because my friend put her cig butts in the garbage when we moved to the next room! So because she didn't leave her garbage on the grounds outside (as others did before us and she cleaned it up) I was charged WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE. At no time did they mention this 'butt issue' while we were there another day in the smaller room. I should also mention that I have a small dog and paid the $15 per night fee for having him there. So, my question is (among others), how would you NOT 'deep clean' a room that had a pet in it when you charge a fee, yet charge more that 10 times that amount because there were butts in the garbage?

Room Tip: nothing wrong with the rooms themselves, just the service and false charges that will shock the heck out of you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Fairly typical HIE with the fairly typical HIE breakfast and typical room. Good enough for one night if you are a business person and need a clean room with free internet and a good view of the river. The heat works, the TV works, the beds are clean - good enough for me.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Positives
1) clean
2) friendly
3) recommended good restaurant -Mark V, and got 10% discount when showed room key.
4) shower head had changing settings and water stayed nice and hot.
5) location as close to freeway as possible without hearing it in the room.

Negatives
1) fan broken in room, had to use hair dryer to mirror.
2) blah free breakfast, not everything out when we got there at 6:15, open at 6. Powdered eggs, rolls, sausage and coffee ok. Expresso stand in next parking lot was good.
3) spider webs between ceiling and far side of the bed. Room many not get much use, room 220.
4) the hallway to room outside.
5) pillowcases mislabeled (firm and soft), more funny than anything.
6) temperature in room really cool, next time I would have taken the time to adjust but this was just a quick pass through.

I would stay here again, if it wasn't just a quick stop over I would have just changed rooms. I mentioned the fan and they put a work order to fix fan.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2011

HIE Roseburg OR is an amazing place to stay wether you are on business or pleasure. There are interior and exterior corridors. The exterior corridors are a bit chilly in the winter, but I am sure it's refreshing in the summer. We stayed on the 4th floor which is all exterior, though chilly getting to our room,as it was winter, we found it refreshing that our heater was pre set in our room to a low temprature. This was a very thoughtful touch. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very convienient as we rode the elevator down, got breakfast, and a couple complimentary newspapers, and headed back to our room to enjoy our breakfast on a very private patio overlooking the South Umpqua river. Very nice! The staff was very pleasant and informational. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who is passing through this area. It really is a Diamond in the Rough. Thank You HIE!

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floors are partially indoor corridoor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple