“Another good Business stopover Hotel, PET FRIENDLY TOO”
Review of Super 8 Roseburg

Super 8 Roseburg
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I use Super 8 hotels when traveling mostly for business and in a hurry and not interested in top of the line hotel, just good quaillity and service with pet frendly accomodations. While on business, we don't need a lot of fanccy frills, pool & work out room, just a real neat room, clean, good shower, and in a relative quiet location with good accessability. This one in Roseburg, OR fits the bill to a tee. T€his was my 5th stay here since it opened, wow how things have developed arround this hotel. Still very friendly staff at all times, real good pet area for our little 'Baxter' Shiz Tzu. Service is great. Coffee most all hours. We rarely use the breakfast facilities other than as always a GR8888 cup of coffee. 3 nights stay here with other hotels also very close, MY Choice though and very handy to food and Interstate ease.

Harold & Doris from Kentucky

Room Tip: Very Quiet & accessable to area, shops, PET FRIENDLY too
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
super8genmgr, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Harold and Doris,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit!

Amanda Ihrcke
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Location: We were using this as a pitstop, so the location is just of the Highway was great for a us, but its not in the heart of Roseburg, but its only a short drive into the centre. The area didn't make you feel exactly safe, but that's what you get just off the highway.

Room: The room was spacious and the decor felt quite new. The bed was large and comfortable, with a selection of pillows. It also had a small fridge which was welcomed. The bathroom was quite large, had everything you needed. The cleanliness was very good.

Service: The staff were really friendly which made us feel relaxed on arrival. The complimentary breakfast was basic, but enough to get you on your way.

Value: Well the value is great, for the price you actually get more than you'd expect perfect for a pitstop.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
super8genmgr, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Fandangledan,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise in regards to our quality of service and accommodations.

It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable and quality service to all of our guests. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Amanda Ihrcke

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I did read the prior two reviews. Can only speak for my own family's experience. This Super 8 appeared to be well occupied during our 4 day stay here. While our room was nothing special, the AC was cold, beds were fine and bathroom and sheets were clean and appeared well maintained.

The staff was helpful and responsive to any and all our requests or questions. The breakfast was simply but fine. The Waffle Maker worked well and they had peanut butter, so I was happy with that.

We got a decent rate via the internet, so felt the price was fair and the room provided decent value. I think the limit for me is about $65 dollars a night for a room of this type. We paid less.

This Super 8 sits at the north end of Roseburg just off the highway, next to a Lowe's Hardware store. Felt safe, and reasonably quiet. The highway traffic didn't disturb our sleep.

There aren't many choices of places to stay in Roseburg and the ones just down the road appeared to be on the same level as this Super 8. Can tell you that we had friends who were also in town staying at the Econo Lodge and they stopped by and thought our room was far better than theirs.

Our stay here had no drama, that made it fine. Cost was in line with what I anticipated and the room was clean. Plus the included breakfast saved me some money in the morning.

1  Thank Zeus S
super8genmgr, General Manager at Super 8 Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Zeus S,

On behalf of our hotel staff, we would like you to know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise you had a "pleasant stay and the staff were helpful".

We strive to make every guests stay a satisfying one. The goal of our hotel is to provide dependable, quality service to all of our guests. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Monday night we stayed at Super 8. Upon arriving the parking lot was empty other than 5 cars, guess I should have realized then that something was off. Upon checking in I could already tell I was not going to be happy. As you walk in the lobby is where you eat breakfast, who wants to eat breakfast as people come and go? As we entered our room it smelled musty, had no fridge, microwave and the bathtub was not fully clean. With the smell my daughter started to sneeze and wheeze which made for a long night, I know it was from the room because before we arrived she was fine and when we left she cleared up in about a hour. As we were getting ready for bed I asked my daughter to go get some ice and water from the vending machines only to find out they didn't carry water, you have got to be kidding me, NO WATER and there was very little ice, one machine for that big of a motel???. As we are getting ready the next morning the outlet in the bathroom doesn't work, yes I tried resetting it, no ice in the ice machine, the breakfast had nothing healthy and the ATM machine didn't work.

Dear Tiffanie K,

I am concerned about the musty smell you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been address with our housekeeping department and appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

On your next visit to this area, I hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here after reading reviews of it being clean. Our room was clean. However, when we stepped off the elevator on our floor the whole hall smelled of marijuana. the marijuana smell was later replaced with the smell of cigarettes which lasted our entire stay. the smell crept into our nonsmoking room also. Our toilet got plugged the first night and when i called the front desk i was told she was by herself and i could come get a plunger. i was apalled. when i returned the plunger i asked her what would have happed if i couldn't unplug it or if it had overflown. She told me that she would have then tried and turned off the water to my toilet. What i got out of that comment was that we would have had to deal with it that way untill morning when maintence and housekeeping came on. The pool area had garbage, lint, and fuzz on the floor one night and was still there when we went back the following night. On a good note, the lady that does the breakfast in the morning was extremely friendly, upbeat, and helpful.

Dear Patti W,

I am concerned with the customer service and cleanliness issues of our pool area during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable quality service to each of our guests. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed with the staff and appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.

On your next visit to this area, I hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

These places can be all over the map (ha ha, I guess that's funny).

On this trip we had one very so so but this one was top notch. They got everything right.

Big clean room, very comfortable. (I wish they didn't charge extra for a king bed.) Plush towels (gotta love when they do that).

It is very handy to the interstate but quite a ways from town. Since we like McMinemens, required a trek to get there. Only downside.

Definitely an excellent choice in this town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jassfan65.

On behalf of our hotel staff, we wanted to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise "An excellent Super 8".

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable, quality service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the qualtiy of the accommodations and services we provide.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I usually stay here or at the motel6 next door when visiting Crater Lake or the Wildlife Safari. However this time I was impressed by the service the hotel offered. The staff was very friendly and courteous on multiple instances - reception, room cleaning, breakfast. The rooms itself were decent - not fancy - but more than comfortable.

Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Pdxdesi,

On behalf of our hotel staff, we are delighted to receive your kind words of praise” Good Deal, friendly staff".

Our principal goal is to provide dependable, quality service to all our guests. It is only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.