“View is great - Price is right - Room, not so much...”
Review of Surfside Resort

Surfside Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Loved the view, amazing sunset! Our room faced the water and it was so close to the beach you could almost touch it from the deck. Loved that part... :o)

Room not so much! Carpet around the bed had food crumbs and popcorn shells, not sure when it had last been vacuumed. Was not happy to see that the chairs supplied for the deck had not been cleaned recently as there were bird droppings on the seat and the chairs were stored in the room that way. Room needs a deep-cleaning. Window sills and sliding glass door frame had mold in places. Yuck! I was really willing to overlook all this because of the view, value, and great staff, but the final straw was while in the bathroom brushing my teeth, an earwig crawled out from between the sink and countertop! UGH!!

I would love to stay there again, my husband and I loved it otherwise. Just hope the cleaning level gets bumped up a bit.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2010

When I stay at the Surfside, I know my room will be clean and comfortable. They have internet access, and a clean, bright, cheerful pool. Easy beach access, and they are close to shopping (but not too close). The managers are so friendly and knowledgable. Ask them a question about where to eat, or what kind of things to do, and they will tell you what, where, why, and how many miles away it is.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TWendlandt
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My family and I stay here every time we go to the beach. It is great the rooms are beautiful and have a great view of the ocean. It is also right outside of town so it is nice and quiet but you are still in walking distance to all of the little shops. Also the staff is great they are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2010

there was a 20% off coupon online. When we got there, I told the person at the desk if we could get the discount, and he said he needed the printed coupon. I don't see how that's very convenient to the traveler who probably does not have a printer handy to make this happen. We concluded that they obviously are not hurting for business if they were willing to basically turn us away for this silly reason.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

if you stay just you and your other get a corner room .such a nice view. the price was good and the emplo.was nice and upbeat.the pool was nice as well.had a great stay we will be back

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I have rented this room once a year for the last three years for my mom . This year my mother decided to take the children swimming. After getting out of the pool the manager told my mom very rudely that my 4 year old and 6 year old were not allowed to swim in the pool because they were not guests of the hotel they were "locals". I could not believe it. I see from the other reviews she is just a nasty woman. Otherwise the hotel is great. The owner should fire her and see his reviews go up.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Tommy415
warnerportland, manager at Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2009

We are very sorry you could not enjoy in our pool.
Please be understand that our pool can be used for guest only who regested in motel due to security and safety.
If you told us that you just visited your mother and want to use pool with your children you could be allowed to enter pool,
But we did't know you are family with her.
Sorry again and we want to your mother will be back and you can enjoy with your mother.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

Went on a trip with the family. Price was good considering we got one of the ocean view rooms. Rooms were clean, and the kitchen had all the things we needed for cooking, and staff was friendly. Being right there on the beach was nice, and having a pool was a bonus as well for the kids. Definitely would recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
#2 of 15 in Cannon Beach
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!