“Nice but need to check thangs in room first to see if works.”
Review of Surfside Resort

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
oregon
“Nice but need to check thangs in room first to see if works.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I like the room and the view. But one thang I didnt lije we couldn't use some of the burners. some of the burners on the stove didn't work and the smoke detector was chirping. sometimes.other than that it was ok.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
queenmay
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked a King kitchenette with partial ocean view. What a spacious room! It was like staying in an apartment. The room was clean and didn't have that chemical cleaning smells like many accommodations. And though we didn't have a full view of the ocean, we had a lovely balcony and was still able to see the sunset. The beach is just a few steps away and the town of Rockaway Beach is small quiet town with great pizza at Upper Crust and fun breakfast at Grumpy's Cafe. We were there for a wedding and has a discount but the regular prices seemed quite reasonable to me considering the size of our room.I would recommend the Surfside and will be returning when I want a great trip to the coast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The location is wonderful. Our room was oceanfront and we had no complaints with the view but the room left a little to be desired. I wouldn't say it was not clean but it is in need of some major updating and repair. Kitchen cabinets are deteriorated due to water damage, bathroom door seems to be sloppily put together, etc. The price was great for the location but I am iffy on whether I would stay here again or pay more for a better room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Whiseykitty
JHKManzanita, General Manager at Surfside Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at Surfside Resort. We always appreciate the feedback our guests provide us to improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

As you had suggested in the review, we definitely agree that our rooms are in need of some updates, and we have been working to update/renovate our rooms/amenities this offseason in preparation for the upcoming summer season. It is still a work in progress, but we are definitely working to update and repair our rooms to better accommodate our guests.

We hope the renovations will be able to provide a better experience for you if you consider us again for your next stay at Rockaway Beach.

Columbia City, Oregon
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Spur of the moment trip, booked online for one night. Arrived and asked if they would possibly have an opening for the next night...Valentine's day... she found one room oceanview, though larger she still gave me the discount I got from booking online...excellent price, excellent value! Beautiful room!!! We will be returning again. Made our whole trip. Staff both evening and morning were very customer friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for the great review of Surfside Resort and our staff! We always appreciate it when our guests write rave review about us. Our staff strives to best accommodate our guests and I'm glad to hear they were able to do just that during your spur of the moment trip to the Oregon coast. I will definitely pass along your feedback to our frontdesk staff to let them know, and as always we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out to Rockaway Beach.

Vancouver, WA
Reviewed January 22, 2014

At check-in, the desk clerk offered us a free upgrade to the next level room since the resort was not quite full. This was a real surprise since we had only booked the room the day before, and the stay was on a holiday, so we ended up in an even nicer room than expected that was located exactly where we preferred (top floor with unobstructed views over looking the beach & ocean). With a little homework, one can secure a very reasonable rate for this resort, especially when comparing prices to the nearby lodging options that have nothing more to offer but higher rates.

Room Tip: Some parts of the resort have "pet friendly" rooms while other parts of the resort have no...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AzScubaHawk
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very spacious ,clean,quiet and great access to the beach. . Will book again when coming to Rockaway Beach.only negative,but being off season,the indoor swimming pool was unavailable.
Next visit ,I will request a certain room with ocean view. I believe it is theA and B section.

Room Tip: Request full ocean view. It is very beautiful to view the beach area.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacqueline S
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I can't imagine a better location, and the view was stunning. I was blessed with great weather, so that didn't hurt! The room itself was fine, but I think the facility is definitely more of a motel than a resort. The couch was uncomfortable [wicker with cushions that didn't stay in place or extend the height of the couch back] and the fireplace had a timer that ticked loudly. The hot/cold water indicators were backwards on the shower from how it operated. I find details like this really impact my experience. However, if you are not a detail person, you'll likely enjoy your stay just as well! The staff was friendly and accommodating, but I was surprised they didn't ask how everything was when I checked out. I guess this is the place for feedback. So there ya go!

Room Tip: Room 221C has the best view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Sea Haven Motel
Sea Haven Motel
#2 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!