My wife and I just stayed here last week in one of the non-beach-front, full size rooms with kitchenette. We weren't expecting a lot for the price. The front desk staff was friendly. The location was nice. The room was reasonably clean but there was some definite wear and tear. The buildings and rooms were very dated and run down in places. I had read other reviews about items being stolen from rooms so we made sure not to leave anything valuable behind while we were out and about. We left the "do not disturb" sign on the door which seemed to be honored. The housekeeping staff smoked in the area right next to the building our room was in and across the parking lot. The bed was terrible. There were only 2 pillows on our queen bed and they were flat. After the first night, we were sore and tired after waking up multiple times. My wife wanted to change hotels and we spent an hour or two looking on-line but couldn't find anything better that was available on a Summer weekend on such short notice. I did ask the front desk for a couple of extra pillows, which they provided. The property is in need of a remodel, but the bed is really what we couldn't deal with again. We'll look elsewhere and pay a little more if we go back to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have a beautiful oceanfront view, heated pool, gas fireplace, and balcony as well as a a variety of accommodations to meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Surfside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Hotel Rockaway Beach
- Surfside Motel Rockaway Beach