“Great location”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Me and the fiance have been to this place half a dozen times. The location is great, the beach is great, and the rooms are good for the value. This resort is probably one of the cheapest on the coast, and if you print out the coupons available on their website, it can be a very inexpensive vacation.

My only complaint is that the front office is pretty adamant about closing at 11 PM on Fridays. Coming from out of town, it is nearly impossible to get there before 11 PM and that's having the car packed and leaving right after work. Considering it is a resort, and individuals are making the effort traveling long distances to stay at your resort, one would think that they would be a little more accommodating. Me and my fiance arrived at 11:15 PM after driving all night, and were met with a rather unfriendly "Do you know we close at 11?".

Room Tip: Beach front family room is a little bit more, but worth it. Nice sleeping with your sliding door cr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gabe06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed only one night and it was so fun want to do it all again. The front desk was super friendly and a dog lover. We took advantage of one of the sunniest days taking in the ocean view as much as we could. We stocked up for dinner at Fred meyer in Tillamook and utilized the fully stocked kitchen when we made crispy chicken ciabatta sandwiches , jalapeño Mac and cheese, wine and a variety of m&m's for dessert.

The sunset was awesome and the RED moon that night into the morning even more amazing! We later learned we got to witness a lunar eclipse,

Very cool trip and will stay again when we aren't camping

Room Tip: Make sure and get an ocean front room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele M
Clackamas, Oregon
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Friendly staff, beautiful ocean view, and pet friendly. We used to come to Surfside quite a bit several years before. For one reason or another, we had not made it back here. On a beautiful day, we made the spontanious decision to come down. Made the same day reservation with the friendly lady on the phone and had no problem with us checking in early if our room was ready. No hassles and very relaxing.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Though a bit worn looking on the outside, my Surfside Resort room was clean and looked recently remodeled. The kitchenette had everything I needed and I loved gas fireplace. I was in the back building 'D' but could see the beach across my balcony, sitting at my little dining table. I loved opening the sliding door and listening to the surf. Once I got the hang of the thermostat, I was cozy all the time.

Staff was helpful and friendly, making sure I got every discount possible and steering me towards good spots in town. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: I was on the beach side of the back building. I could only vaguely hear 101 traffic. I thought inter...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I make an annual trip to Rockaway for my birthday each year, and we always stay at the Surfside Resort for the spacious rooms, friendly service, and proximity to the beach. I'd accidentally booked a pet-friendly room online and when I checked in was offered keys to 2 different rooms so I could pick which one I wanted. I appreciated having the option and our room had a great panoramic view of the beach.

Unfortunately, my step-mother died during our first night there, and we had to leave at 2:30am to drive up to Seattle. The Surfside Resort has a convenient drop box outside the office for keys, but I felt bad that we'd left the room a mess and had to leave a refridgerator full of groceries behind, so I called and left a message to let them know for the cleaning staff.

Given the cancellation policy I hadn't expected a credit for our second night, but found that they'd given us one anyway. I'm touched by their generousity and thoughtfulness and we've already booked another room for June so we can create new, happier memories with our daughter.

Bothell, WA
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Like pretty much every experience, our stay at this motel had some good parts and some bad parts. I'll start with the good: The room was quite spacious with a large living area and very cool private separate bedroom. It had a nice little kitchen area and dining area, as well. We had a room in the "D" building on the corner of the second floor. It was described as a partial ocean view room, but we actually had a pretty great view of the ocean. We were able to take our two hefty dogs with us and they loved playing on the beach.

There are, however, a few minuses: The very first day we were in the room, I pulled a condom wrapper out from the couch cushions. I'm a pretty laid back person, but that's just way up there on the "EWWWWWWW" scale. I told the front desk person and she sent someone to clean our room as soon as we left for the day. When we returned after the cleaning, we discovered that only one of the two beds had been made and only one of the two trashcans had been emptied. Kinda weird. I never really felt like my room was clean. Even though they are a dog friendly motel, there was almost no grass anywhere to take the dogs out for their business. There were also no outside trashcans, so the only place to toss a "doggie bag" was in the huge motel dumpster behind the building which was also kinda gross to deal with. My dogs are getting up in years and had a very hard time getting up and down the two sets of old rickety steps to the room. Even if we had stayed on the first floor, we would still have had a set of stairs to navigate to get to our room. Finally, the motel is on the far north end of town and there was absolutely no place to walk to. We had to drive to get to a restaurant or the shops.

All in all, I would probably stay here again - mostly because Rockaway is a really cool little town, the motel prices are pretty decent and the room was quite large enough for my family. I probably just won't sit on the couch again.

Room Tip: The top floor corner rooms on the "D" building have a great ocean view and are considerabl...
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked the Surfside Resort partly because of location, but also because my wife recommended it; her parents and she stayed here in the past. The hotel was a great staging point for my roommates and myself this time around; we traveled to Tillamook, Astoria, Cannon Beach, Seaside, etc...all relatively short distances away. The rooms were clean and taken care of, the bathroom was clean and had great water pressure, full-size refrigerator and stove worked; the only negative I can think of, is that the building does show its age, other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Sea Haven Motel
Sea Haven Motel
#2 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!