“Definitely would stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surfside Resort

Surfside Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
“Definitely would stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I made a last minute reservation because our usual place would only do a two night minimum because it was a holiday weekend. I loved the size of the room, it was very clean and the staff very friendly. I think I have a new favorite place to stay. Very reasonably priced. Thank you Surfside.
RM

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have been going to Rockaway since I can remember and have spent every 4th of July of my life there. I stay no where other than Surfside. It's placed right next to the lake and right on the ocean. Why drive into town when you can take a 25 min walk on the beach there and check out all the cool stores. Or do like me and walk into town for breakfast at Cowbelle Cafe then take a nice walk back to Surfside while burning off half of those delicious pancakes that are too good to stop eating...
You can hike the beach the other direction and hit a cool neat little creek in 15 min which during the winter can change over night. Keep walking if you want to reach the jetty...
The view from the balcony is amazing as I find myself never wanting to leave it. Even a stormy winter day sit and watch it from behind the sliding doors while enjoying a fire. How about a fire on the beach during the summer or even the winter like one group did just this last Feb weekend...
The view over the 4th is amazing with fireworks going off every which way and beach fires up and down the beach. Fire department fireworks are within view as well.
I've seen groups put up volleyball nets for the entire week and even ball players building diamond shaped ball fields in the sand as if they were hearing voices "if you build it, he will come", and playing wiffle ball sand series championships lol...
If you can handle the cold water (which usually the kids can) body surfing is a blast and once done your room is a quick sec away with a spot to hose off before entering back into your room...
New flat screen TV's and new channels I noticed during my most recent visit. Very polite housekeeping as well. A swimming pool. View of the mountain and lake from behind with some rooms that even have a rear balcony with a great view of those beautiful mountains and lake.
With boulders placed on the beach over the years to fight the erosion it has become very difficult for some people to even get down onto the beach in many area's but at Surfside they have built a set of stairs with railing leading down onto the beach. Part of it has been buried and beaten by the surging tide through the winter months but that is what makes a stay during the during the winter so much fun. I was on those boulders watching the tide crash up against them just yesterday. Amazing stuff! There is literally no beach access at times during high tide. Can be dangerous too if you lack common sense as the rooms do warn you of sneaker waves and limited beach access. But like I said I find this exciting...

Room Tip: They have combo units with extra room and bathroom that is perfect for friends or kids...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Surfside. The staff were helpful, including after we realized we messed up our online reservation (booked the wrong day!). The room was clean (pet-friendly, too) and quite large with comfortable furniture, balcony, kitchen, fireplace, and flat screen tv.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very dog-friendly hotel and beach. For this time of year, we would see a handful of groups during our walks so it was a nice get away from the hustle and bustle. Loved watching the waves and falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean. Having the gas fireplace was a nice touch as well. Note: If you are a picky cook (which I am), pack your essential knives, pots, pans, spices and condiments.
There is a hose by the front office to wash your doggie after the beach but make sure to bring your doggie towels.
This was a great place to just relax and chill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joni S
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We come here in Jan for our anniversary. The fireplace, balcony, kitchen, pool, and employees all combine to make a wonderful vacation. Being right on the beach- you cant beat it!! Guaranteed we will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark M
Forest Grove, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised with this room, the hotel, everything! Our room was literally right on the ocean and even had a private little path and stairs just for guests leading right onto the beach. Had fireplace, flat screen tv, full kitchen with everything I needed to make a full breakfast in the morning, separate bedroom with queen sized bed and tv for my children, an indoor pool (!!), movies at the office to rent, everything you could possible need! Melissa at the front desk was super friendly and helpful and so was the housekeeper who I asked for advice from regarding where I could find a store and recommended a good restaurant. All of this for $100!!!! What a deal! I WILL stay here again next time I am in Rockaway Beach.

Room Tip: Pay the extra few dollars for the ocean/surf-side rooms. Well worth it. The view is spectacular! I w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa B
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

right on the beach and very quiet in off season!!!i brought some groceries with me so the kitchenette was well used for breakfasts and dinners. my dog loves everything about this place except leaving it. this was my second visit and i intend to keep coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Sunset Surf Motel
Sunset Surf Motel
#1 of 4 in Manzanita

Been to Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!