We had a very pleasant room with a great ocean view, plenty of room for a kitchen area, dining table and a fireplace. One minor complaint was the lack of pots, pans and utensils, which rendered the kitchen mostly useless for long-distance travelers. We didn't try the pool facilities due to a tight schedule and bad weather, but the beach access was great.
Unfortunately, our 2-night visit was virtually spoiled by a lack of sleep due to the most uncomfortable bed we've ever encountered. It was literally rock hard and just lumpy enough to add a few extra pressure points. I took the cushions off of the little sofa and slept on the floor the first night, leaving the bed to my wife. We asked for extra pillows the second night, which helped a little, but not enough. We were in town for a busy meeting, and we had paid up front, so we elected to tough it out rather than trying to find an alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have a beautiful oceanfront view, heated pool, gas fireplace, and balcony as well as a a variety of accommodations to meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Surfside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Hotel Rockaway Beach
- Surfside Motel Rockaway Beach