“Vegetarians be cautious.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Yes, the decor is outdated and the menus are gritty with coffee grinds, but I can overlook that for good food and good service. The coffee was fine and the service was friendly, but it bothers me when food gets mixed together. I ordered a veggie omelet. It arrived and tasted fine until I found the little pieces of ham that got mixed in. To me that indicates a sloppy kitchen and that is a concern. The toast and hash browns were good, but I did not finish the omelet. I also did not ask for a new one, so I can't complain that they weren't responsive. I had lost my appetite by that point. My husband (not a vegetarian) ordered a skillet and was satisfied with the meal.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The store front and interior have a shabby, but comfortable country motif, complete with music to match. Some people might find this off putting, but I liked it. The food is competently prepared, generously portioned, tasty and quickly served. There is nothing exotic, but they have all the expected breakfast dishes of eggs, omelets, biscuits, bacon, hash browns, chicken fried steak, etc.

Prices are reasonable for the amount of food, and you can get in and out quick or relax and talk. There is not much of a view, but plenty of windows keeps it light and open feeling.

Don't be deterred by initial surface appearances, this is a good place to get a decent meal for a reasonable price and leave with a smile.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Decor is VERY outdated. Needs to be remodeled and cleaned. Food was generous and good. Waitress was friendly.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stopped in at the Cow Belle for breakfast one morning on a recent trip to Rockaway. My brother had gone to Grumpys a couple of mornings and had said the coffee was horrible so we wanted to try someplace else. I was a bit concerned looking at the Cow Belle (being an avid watcher of restaurant makeover t.v. shows) when we walked in but those concerns were quickly allayed.

Service was attentive and friendly. We had not been seated more than a minute when we were receiving our beverages. We ordered the smallest breakfasts on the menu and it was still more than we could eat. The pancakes are huge. The bacon not to be missed. For those travelling with children, they have a play corner for kids.

The staff are great. All very attentive and concerned that we were having a great experience.

A definite return to place!

2  Thank fotograferswife
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The staff were awesome - they made us feel so welcome. Great breakfast, and has an area with some toys for the kids to play. We went back for breakfast 2 days in a row!