“Good Clam Chowder”

Old Oregon Smoke House
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Weren't sure about this place because it looks pretty old and run down. Wasn't sure it was very clean. But the fish and chips were very good. The chowder was good. The owner was a delight. The smoked salmon people talk about as being so great was terrible. Dry and unedible. Threw it to the seagulls and they wouldn't even eat it. Sorry, but in all honesty we won't be back. There are better places to eat in Rockaway Beach.

1  Thank travelgalMt

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Really big clam strips (although it's one of the few dishes they don't make themselves), and the most.amazing.crab.cakes.ever. Ever. You must try it.

We also got some (fresh!) smoked salmon, then paired it with Blue Heron brie and fresh bread for a dinner. I am not a huge cooked salmon (or smoked salmon) fan, but this was super tasty. It's great for take away, or you can sit on the picnic tables outside in nice weather. The staff came by and chatted with us several times.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

had the razor clams and chowder. wow and AMAZING. all homemade down to the sauces. Crab meat is so good. I'll come back everytime I'm here.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have been stopping in here for several years. It does not look like someplace you would necessarily want to visit but they really do have wonderful smoked fish. I read about it in the Oregon Coast magazine and have been enjoying this stop ever since.

1  Thank LF2011
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I am so glad they make their chowder with corn starch. I finally got to enjoy my beloved favorite for the first time in years and it was delightful. Nice and creamy, not too salty or peppery. Just perfect.

Clam strips were made with razor clams...and smell of smoking salmon as we ate was mouth watering. Great little local place. Yum.

1  Thank Mandyanapolis