“great experience. we loved the house and the view”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Such a Disappointment”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I wanted to give you an update on our stay at the Nedonna Views #208 from July 18th through the 20th. The view was incredible. However, there were so many other things wrong with the unit. From the moment we arrived, I was disappointed with my stay.

It started with no directions being given on where to locate the lock box and the elevator to our unit not working. After climbing 3 flights of stairs (which really was not that bad), there were no security lights to illuminate our doorway. Being that it was midnight, it was pitch black. We fumbled around looking for the flashlight app on our cell phone. After finally getting some light, we did not find the lockbox. My husband went back downstairs and happened to come across the lockboxes on a post in the stairwell. This would have been good to know.

Upon obtaining entry into our 2 bedroom unit, we found the carpet to be filthy. There were so many stains and dirt in the carpet that it was completely disgusting. While the unit was nicely decorated, the filth of the carpet completely took away from what should have been a beautiful unit. In addition, the paint on the walls and trim were chipped and dirty, as well. This is what we noticed before we ever made it to the bedroom.

When we made our way into the bedroom, I pulled back the comforter and it appeared that the sheets had not been changed. It looked as if it had just been made after being slept in by the previous tenant. The shower appeared dirty with hairs. Fortunately, I found some Comet and scrubbed the shower myself.

To top it off, this morning, as I was getting my shower, the electricity went off in the bathroom. It was almost completely dark and I could not see to continue getting ready. My husband went to find the electrical box to see if a circuit had been thrown and it had not. The electricity was on in the bedroom and family room, but neither of the bathrooms. My husband then called the on call property manager who appeared to be more concerned with us getting out of the unit so that it could be cleaned for the next guest than she was about our issues.

For someone who paid $545 for two nights, I am completely dissatisfied and appalled by our experience. Please know that I will write a review so other travelers will not make the same mistake as me.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Aug 8, 2014
We are certainly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. We take housekeeping very seriously. It has been confirmed that the unit was cleaned prior to your arrival. If the clean was not up to standard we sincerely apologize and we have addressed the matter with the local employee.

We can confirm that a fuse blew on your last morning which caused the outlet in the bathroom to stop working. This was resolved after your 11am check out. During summer months of back to back reservations our local staff must prioritize tasks to efficiently service any issues in a small window of time. If this was an inconvenience to you we apologize.
Battle Ground

Reviewed October 11, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Check in / front desk Service
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing