“Terrific location, and great bargain”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
richmondb...
Richmond, Canada
“Great Views, poor management”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed 2 nights. The view was incredible, the proximity to the beach was very convenient but the building is looking worn. The elevators don't work - they didn't tell us this until just a few days before the trip so too late to book anything else or cancel if you can't handle at least 2 flights of stairs. Many of the fixtures were rusted due to the sea salt.

The condo cleanliness was average, I don't think the floors were vacuumed before we arrived and the couch had so much sand on it, we could make a small mound with it. So we pulled out the vacuum and ran it over the couch.

All of the issues above I can deal with and would have probably returned, however there is no internet. When I booked in July, they advertised the suite as having internet. Upon arrival I called Vacasa (the management company) and they explained that they couldn't get the internet to work for that suite so they pulled it out a week before we arrived. No email, no notice was given to me. I would not have booked this suite had I known this ahead of time as we had to have access to email for work. Jay apologized but offered nothing more. He said that he would have someone call me the next day - I am still awaiting the phone call 2 days later. I told him I would like to speak to his supervisor since he was unable to offer me any concession for this inconvenience. He said there was no supervisor and that all complaints flow through an automated system that does not go through until after the stay. I have yet to receive an email to send my response. Basically poor customer service and I will never again book any property with Vacasa.

Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Aug 29, 2014
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received with us. The elevators have been offline and off the amenities list for several months now. This is due to safety concerns for our guests. We look forward to opening them again in the future when we have assurances of their reliability. These units are also currently without wifi as we work with the local provider on getting a reliable network in the building for our guests. We're sorry that this was an inconvenience to you and are working on resolving this.
Sugarbunn...
Portland, Oregon
“Bring your own padlock!!!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

The condo is located right on the beach. I love the fact that its pretty much secluded. It's also a plus that they allow pets. Now for the negatives. We were told we would have a dining table, from the pictures I saw on the site, I noticed a total of 2 barstools, a couch, 2 beds, and 1 tv. That is exactly what you get. The condo is all bare and bland, and that did make it kind of cold, but what gives with the no dining table? We ended up eating on the couch, and using the broken in half coffee table that looked like it was done for. Please update your living furniture and add another tv, when you come with a group of 3 not everyone will agree on channels. RENTERS PLEASE BE ADVISED the front door has an automatic lock, however the door seems to be broken, it has about a half inch gap and even though you need a key to come in my husband came waltzing through the door, no key, while i was asleep on the couch. UNSAFE!!!!!!!!! Also every second you could hear the wind howling through the gaps, it was terrible! I felt like I needed to barricade myself with placing the lack of furniture we had in front of the door just to prevent anyone else from getting through. I will never stay here again, even if i was offered a free stay. Its not worth the money, the pictures show you the nice shower and view, but it doesnt show you the broken door, the lack of homely furniture, or the fact that you have to wait a couple hours after each shower for the water to reheat!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the beach
Traveling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets

Travelers are raving about these Rockaway Beach hotels

donald k
Portland, Oregon
“Terrific location, and great bargain”
Reviewed April 4, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

We will definitely come back to this property. The beach is literally steps away. The condo is clean, easy to get to, and the views are dramatic. Furnishings are fairly spartan, but more than adequate for a beach location. Extra bonus that it is pet friendly, which the kids loved.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location and views are unbeatable
Liked least: Amenities are fairly sparse
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Oregon
Reviewed March 27, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing