“Great Clam Chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lakeside Hideaway

Lakeside Hideaway
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Union, Oregon
“Great Clam Chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stopped in for clam chowder. It was excellent. I wouldn't say it was the best I've ever had but it was right up there. It had a lot of stuff in it, celery, onion, potato, bacon and clams. Very good and very filling. Nice atmosphere, with view of the lake.

Gearhart, Oregon
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I ordered the "all you can eat" fish and chips knowing it was cod, not halibut. Service was very slow and th fish was disappointing. The breading was somewhat dry and the fries were typical "frozen" fries. I didn't order any additional helping of the fish. The sausage soup my wife ordered was, according to her, quite good and she had crispy fries served with her toasted cheese sandwich. I would like to have had the same fries as they were better than mine.

Rockaway Beach, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best in years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

they have the best french fry's i have had in years and the owner is nice and good service much better place to eat at then most here in rockaway

• Visited March 2014
“Best clam chowder anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Read the other reviews before stopping and we are so glad we did! It really is the best chowder around...now to figure out where to put the rest of the food we ordered.

Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“Large group outing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had reservations for a group of about 20 - 25 with a preset menu that had limited choices. This was so enough food could be prepared ahead of time that we could all be served at about the same time.
The tenderloin was a bit over cooked/dry but once it was covered with gravy it was OK.
It was still tender. I am told the vegetarian pasta was low on flavor but did not try any myself.
Service was a bit chaotic and disorganized, but I am not sure how often they cater to larger groups. The servers were very friendly and accommodating.

They put us in the lower level of the restaurant, several steps down from the other diners.
I think they should have a folding divider between these two areas so our meeting would not distract the other diners that were not part of our group.

• Visited January 2014