“Happy to stumble upon Whale Spout”
Review of Whale Spout - CLOSED

Whale Spout
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Looking for a breakfast /brunch spot today and nothing seemed too interesting until we stumbled upon this spot... They only had half of the restaurant open as there was only one server working so the service was a little slow but very friendly and apologetic. We were happy to see they had an espresso maker and the lattes were just fine (not the best but for a small town, we were happy). I ordered the Huevos Rockaway -2 fried eggs on refried beans on tortillas with a dollop of sour cream and avocado on top. The overall meal could have been a little warmer but it was very tasty. My boyfriend had the breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese and bacon- simple and exactly what he wanted. It seemed like a popular place for the locals and I can see why. Looking forward to going back to truths fish tacos!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I made a last-minute decision to eat lunch here on our road trip up the coast. We were a tad put off at the "15-20-minute" wait, but decided to look at the menu anyway. Everything looked tasty, so we decided to stay. We split a cup of chowder (YUM), and I got the fish tacos (with shrimp-- "shrimp tacos"?), and my hubby got the "Neah-kah-nie" burger. Although there were only two waitresses, they managed the tables well. I am sure that we'd visit again if we get back to Rockaway Beach!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We started with the cilantro lime tacos. The fish was flaky, they were loaded with cabbage, and the cilantro lime sauce was tasty. The fish and chips was not memorable, the batter was boring, the fish was a cooked a bit too much and the fries were a little limp and greasy. We also tried their margarita pie, it was a little too boozy, but not too heavy. The crust is made out of pretzels pretty good but not salty and limey enough to live up to its namesake.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Went for lunch in mid July 2012. We were literally the first ones through the door at noon as they opened and the place seemed empty, we sat down with some menus and then after a couple of minutes a server came out and apologised that they hadn't seen us come in.

We had the chowder and fish and chips. The chowder was excellent, creamy, full of body and tasty. It came with some home made garlic bread which was a nice touch.

The fish and chips were great too. Very fresh, light and fluffy cod pieces in a light batter.
earlier reviewers have remarked on slow service, we got speedy service but we were first there. We saw the servers warn several large parties that they culdn't seat them all together and that they were failry full and they should come back in half an hour.

I would eat here again

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The lunch was yummy, the prices was fair and the staff was very helpful in finding us a place to stay!