“Not a whale of a time...”
Review of Whale Spout - CLOSED

Whale Spout
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kennewick, Washington
“Not a whale of a time...”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We started with the cilantro lime tacos. The fish was flaky, they were loaded with cabbage, and the cilantro lime sauce was tasty. The fish and chips was not memorable, the batter was boring, the fish was a cooked a bit too much and the fries were a little limp and greasy. We also tried their margarita pie, it was a little too boozy, but not too heavy. The crust is made out of pretzels pretty good but not salty and limey enough to live up to its namesake.

• Visited July 2012

Plano, Texas
“Excellent food and nice ambience”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Went for lunch in mid July 2012. We were literally the first ones through the door at noon as they opened and the place seemed empty, we sat down with some menus and then after a couple of minutes a server came out and apologised that they hadn't seen us come in.

We had the chowder and fish and chips. The chowder was excellent, creamy, full of body and tasty. It came with some home made garlic bread which was a nice touch.

The fish and chips were great too. Very fresh, light and fluffy cod pieces in a light batter.
earlier reviewers have remarked on slow service, we got speedy service but we were first there. We saw the servers warn several large parties that they culdn't seat them all together and that they were failry full and they should come back in half an hour.

I would eat here again

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Good Lunch!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The lunch was yummy, the prices was fair and the staff was very helpful in finding us a place to stay!

• Visited June 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Enjoyed breakfast.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Ate breakfast twice at the Whale Spout twice during my latest trip to Rockaway Beach. The service was excellent. The server was very personable and friendly, and she kept my coffee cup full.
I had the seafood omelet the first time, and I found it to be excellent. It came with toast and fresh fruit, and I added the hash browns. I walked away sated.
I had chicken-fried steak on my second outing. I found it to be adequate, but nothing to write home about. It was good, but not the best that I have had. Chicken-fried steak is the one meal that I usually use to judge a restaurant, and there was just something lacking in tis one.
However, I found the Whale Spout enjoyable and a good value for my money so I would definitely eat there again on future trips to Rockaway Beach.

Visited July 2012
Kennesaw GA
“Great lunch spot!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Friendly, efficient service with great lunch food. I had a burger special and my husband had fish & chips. Excellent coffee! A great place to stop for a bite while on a tour of the beautiful Oregon coast and Rockaway Beach.

Visited June 2012