Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2012

At first this place seemed just right but after five minutes of having to listen to the owner scream at his wife it just went downhill from there. To the lady with the 5 small ankle biters that would not quit barking to the seedy looking stephen hawking guy chainsmoking cigs. Quiet no.... disturbing yes! Then there was the guy with the Hitler mustache stealing my cigarette butts from the ashtray in front of my door. All together this is not a place for families. I would have felt safer staying in the place where they filmed deliverance.

Room tip: Don't let him charge you more than 50 a night. After some bs haggling I was able to get the price knocked down.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We came in and the room looked small, but very cozy. Upon further notice, however, we found old candy wrappers, used cough drops, and a REALLY old Dairy Queen ice cream cup under one of our beds that had turned into a FUZZY (moldy) scientific experiment.
From the beginning, the staff seemed nice and informative. We'd booked the place for 2 nites because we were told that it was in their policy that we HAD to book for no less than that amount, so we planned to pay for and stay for that amount of time for a wedding that was on the next nite @ Timberline Lodge. To our utmost surprise, upon arrival we were informed that they'd booked someone on the nite of the wedding that we'd be attending.... WITHOUT NOTIFYING US!!!!!!!!!! The attendant told us that the person most likely was an iffy customer and he would notify us that nite if the other customer was cancelling. They told us that the deadline was 9pm....we called at 9:15, giving them time to get their act together... they moved the time to 9:30 and we waited until 9:40 and the attendant moved the time to 10pm. At 10:10pm we called again and were told AGAIN that they moved the time of decision to 10:30, and we called them at 10:40 only to have them IGNORE OUR CALL!!!!!! WE CALLED AT 10:45 and were told that the room was most likely booked the next day, so we couldn't stay another nite. Mind you, this entire time, we were told that THEY WOULD CALL US, BUT WE HAD TO CALL AND ASK THEM, BECAUSE THE STAFF WERE AVOIDING THEIR DUTIES AND THEY NEGLECTED TO INFORM US ON THE STATUS OF OUR ROOM.
The next morning, we confronted them about the issue and asked why THEY DIDN'T COMPLY WITH THEIR OWN RULES AND BOOKED SOMEONE ELSE IN OUR ROOM RESERVATIONS.... the attendant/manager told us that there was MANY phone calls the days prior and that things got MIXED UP?! NO restitution was made, no apology was made on their end. In the end of the exchange of words, the attendant admitted to booking over us for a LOYAL customer and thought that it MEANT NO MATTER TO HIM!!!! Being a military family, we ended up having to go back home to post, which is OUT OF STATE.
IF YOU WANT TO HAVE GOOD SERVICE, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!! SAVE YOUR SANITY AND MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT WON'T GET RIPPED OUT FROM UNDER YOU!

Room tip: "Not worth your time."
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank StephanieR123
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I did enjoy my stay. My room was rustic and has the mtn feel to it.
I enjoyed the selection of channels durning my evening hours of relaxation.
Though the amenties were sparse, the room was clean and comfortable. The sheets were crisp and white and the bedspread was fresh and clean.
Towels were clean and the bathroom was small but very clean and adequate.
The staff was very friendly and interesting to talk to.
The Location to Mtn Hood was convient for me.
There was road noise but not overwhelming for me.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank BMusedTraveler
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I would ignore the review below saying horrible and fraudulent. Our experience was much more in keeping with the first review.

Good things:
Polite Staff; good location for getting to Mt. Hood skiing (we skied at Meadows) as all accomodation in Gov't Camp was fully booked; good convience store over the road; Ok restaurant over the road with better than expected food and super-friendly staff; fun 'hippy' bar (Skyway) 1 mile down the road; Decent satellite TV (had BBC America so we could watch the England rugby game).

What you might not like:
As per previous comments bathroom was dated at best, some may say grim, but that would be overstating things. Shower was functional, but small and dark! Wouldn't want to spend more than two nights here I'd say.

Pillows were slightly odd in that they seemed to have a waterproof case on them.

Right next to the highway and if you wake up it's really quite noisy with passing traffic. Makes it a touch hard to get back to sleep.

Checkout time is 10am, which frankly is ridiculous in my view.

Wasn't the cheapest ($100) given standard but probably more a function of fact that it was a Friday night and all accomodation up the mountain had already been taken.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank cassius_gray
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed here for the New Year holiday and at first I was pleased. We were promised a microwave in our room for 10.00 extra then to find out after we arrived that there was none BUT I was still charged for it. The rooms were very small, and the windows were covered in black mold. The beds were horribly uncomfortable! We cleaned our room and left.... I was charged an additional 10.00 without being notified because I was told that I damaged 2 towels! I took a shower and that was it? The owner was very unwilling to listen to my concerns... he just told me "sorry about your luck" DO NOT STAY HERE! IT IS DISCUSTING AND THEY ARE FRADULENT!!

Date of stay: January 2010